Irvine Car Accident Lawyer
Living in Irvine can be dangerous if you drive on the 405 and 5 freeways or other busy roads like Jamboree, etc. Of course, a car accident can end up with minor damages, but a serious crash on the 405 freeway can have major injuries or even a fatality.
The biggest mistake you can make is to just ignore your injuries and hope that you will magically feel better. It is always smart to contact an Irvine personal injury lawyer for advice and tips on what you need to do.
Contact Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim
Daniel and his legal team are award-winning lawyers right here in Orange County. With years of experience and true interest in his clients, Daniel Kim has really built a great reputation here in Irvine.
Make sure you hire an experienced car accident law firm here in Irvine.
We understand how hard it is dealing with injuries after an auto accident and we are here to help. In addition, we deal exclusively with motor vehicle accidents so you can count on our team to focus on your accident claim.
Common Causes For Car Accidents in Irvine
There are many reasons why car accidents happen on the roads and freeways of Irvine, CA. Our lawyers have seen many cases that are of similar circumstances over the years.
Sadly, many accidents are caused by drivers. Also, driver error can come in many different ways. Being involved in a car accident causes stress. Additionally, it disrupts victims’ lives.
Our law firm is here to help you and your family. Always protect your legal rights. Also, contact a car accident lawyer for help when you are dealing with insurance companies.
Common Reasons for Car Crashes in Irvine, California
- Speeding – speed kills and causes way too many car crashes
- Distracted drivers – texting, emailing, eating, etc.
- Running a red light or stop sign – drivers being careless or in a hurry
- Road rage – tailgating another driver in anger is very dangerous
- Poor road conditions – potholes can cause tires to blowout and lead to losing control of the vehicle
- Drowsy drivers – fatigued driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving
- Car malfunctions – this includes flat tires and bad brakes
- Driving under the influence – drugs, medications, and alcohol are common causes of car accidents
- Rain, Ice or Snow – these are the most dangerous weather conditions causing the most accidents
Common Injuries From a Car Accident
There are so many factors that can impact what injuries you suffer in a crash. Things like how fast cars were traveling, type of car (SUV vs Mini Cooper), airbags deployed, passengers wearing seat belts, or other factors.
It’s very important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible after an accident. When adrenaline is running through the body, you do not realize you are actually injured. However, a medical professional is experienced and will determine this.
The longer you delay necessary treatment, the more likely the defendant’s insurance company will argue that your injuries were not serious (or possibly related to another accident).
Injuries we see every day from motor vehicle accidents in Irvine:
- Concussion – traumatic brain injuries
- Knee and ankle – torn ligaments and cartridge damage
- Back and neck – these injuries can be severe
- Sprained wrist – wrists are vulnerable as you try to brace the impact
- Facial injury – common from hitting a windshield or window
- Herniated Disk – injury with the spinal disks
- Amputation – tragic loss of limbs
- Whiplash – sudden movement of the head and neck
How to Deal with Insurance Companies after an Accident
This topic will become a major headache after the accident. Be careful as to how you deal with insurance and don’t just trust that the insurance company will help you.
The insurance adjuster will act nice and professional, and even your friend, but don’t fall for it. Once you start signing papers then you are giving away any opportunity to get fairly compensated once your case settles.
A common tactic is for the insurance company to offer you a quick settlement, but don’t take it.
Damages in Irvine Auto Injury Case
If you were injured in a car accident in Irvine California you could be entitled to compensation. When it comes to collecting damages for the injuries, you can be compensated for the following.
- Loss of wages – When you break an arm and can’t work a job for 2 months it’s hard
- Medical Bills – starts to get very expensive when you see the ambulance ride, ER, therapy, etc.
- Pain and suffering – “non-economic damages” refers to physical pain and mental suffering
- Rehabilitation cost – for those who suffer a serious injury and need rehab treatment like physical pain and occupational therapy
- Punitive damages – this is awarded by judges or juries who find the defendant guilty
Irvine Car Accident Statistics
Irvine has some of the highest auto collision rates in the state of California. Additionally, that equates to over 67 accidents per 1,000 people.
Injuries from Car Accidents in Irvine
The injury rate for car accidents is high. In fact, almost one out of every three accidents in Irvine result in injury. This isn’t that far off of the national average. These injuries can range from quite mild issues to significantly life-altering ones.
Percentage of Drivers Who Tested Positive for Drugs Or Alcohol
Drugs and alcohol obviously impair the abilities of drivers. Also, it’s illegal. However, that doesn’t stop people in Irvine from doing exactly that.
Of all the car accidents investigated in 2017, 32% of the drivers tested positive for drugs. In addition, they were responsible for the wreck. Alcohol consumption and driving while under the influence are on the rise throughout California. The rate increase is 36.8% occurring over the last eight years.
Irvine Car Accidents Involved a Distracted Driver
Distracted driving is a huge problem for motorists these days. Any inattention while behind the wheel can prove to be deadly.
80% of those involved in accidents were found to have been distracted or inattentive at some point in time leading up to the accident. 40% of drivers in accidents reported that they regularly use their smartphones while driving.
Dangerous Intersections in Irvine for Car Accidents
There are a couple of really dangerous intersections in Irvine, but far and away some of the most dangerous intersections have to be at Sand Canyon and I-5.
Practice Areas We Specialize In
At the office of Daniel Kim, our personal injury attorneys exclusively handle motor vehicle accident cases, which sets us apart from all the other law firms that take any case they can get to make a quick dollar. Our outstanding attorneys focus on motor vehicle accidents so that we can offer the best service to our clients who want real experience and knowledge.
Motorcycle Accidents – As we all know riding a motorcycle is very dangerous, and almost all motorcycle accidents lead to severe injuries.
Truck Accidents – there are actually quite a few semi-truck accidents in California, but our law firm knows what needs to be done to protect your legal rights.
Pedestrian Accidents – These are always bad accidents because a pedestrian has no chance against a 2,000 lb. car that runs them over.
Lyft / Uber Accidents – Uber and Lyft have become so popular that sometimes it seems like every other car on the roads here in Southern CA is an Uber or Lyft driver. Uber has a unique commercial insurance policy. Therefore, after being injured as either a rideshare passenger or as another driver, call us.
Bike Accidents – Bike accidents always lead to a serious injury, even if you are wearing a helmet. Broken bones and road rash are almost guaranteed in bike accidents.START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION