A Proven & Experienced Car Accident Lawyer — Cerritos, CA
Were You Seriously Injured in a Car Accident in Cerritos?
If you were involved in an auto accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer in Cerritos to defend your rights. Daniel Kim is an experienced and award-winning Cerritos personal injury lawyer who has recovered millions of dollars in accident and injury cases and specializes in automobile-related traffic collisions.
Our professional law firm is capable of answering important questions on the minds of every injured victim of a serious accident. How do I pay my bills? How are my rights protected? We operate on a contingency fee basis with no-risk representation, meaning you will not have to pay any legal fees until we resolve your claim and recover your settlement. In the rare event that we do not win your case, you will not be responsible to pay anything for our services. Contact us today for a free consultation.CALL NOW
Why Hire Daniel Kim As Your Car Accident Lawyer in Cerritos?
Daniel Kim is an award-winning car accident attorney who has been recognized by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, the National Academy of Personal Injury, as well as many other distinguished trial lawyer associations.
At Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim, we have been successful in recovering maximum compensation for our clients. Daniel Kim and his professional legal team are dedicated to seeking justice for accident victims. Here are some other highlights about our law firm and auto accident lawyers:
- Specialize in automotive accidents
- Successful in settling out of court, as well as going to trial
- Maintains a 99% success rate
- A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- No fees until we win your case
- If you’re unable to meet, we can come to you
- Offer a free, no-obligation case assessment
Should I Hire a Cerritos Car Accident Lawyer?
Every traffic accident insurance claim involving an auto accident is unique. This is especially true when dealing with insurance adjusters.
Car insurance companies complicate the claims process by attempting to minimize the damages owed. After the car crash, someone from the at-fault party’s insurance company will contact you and begin asking questions. Your answers may appear honest and innocent. However, insurers are trained to get an accident victim to admit fault.
Therefore, it’s important to prepare for what lies ahead after filing a traffic accident claim. An experienced auto accident lawyer in Cerritos will assist plaintiffs to prove negligence on the liable party.
Otherwise, you risk the chance of losing your case. An insurance adjuster has one main goal, and that is to protect the interests of the company. It’s also
vital to file a car accident claim within the allotted statute of limitations–which is two years in California. However, this window will vary from case to case.
This is why it’s best to consult with a Cerritos car accident attorney immediately following the crash. Our qualified car accident injury lawyers help crash victims of auto accidents gain clarity and recover compensation.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Determining how much compensation you will receive from a car accident claim varies. Ultimately, settlements are based on two factors.
Different variables indicate the types of damages you can recover. However, identifying each one is not simple. Therefore, to determine how much your case could be worth, contact a car accident lawyer in Cerritos.
- Economic Damages – This is a measurable loss designed to help car accident victims recover damages. For example, the purpose is to get crash victims back to their original physical and financial state. Also, compensation for these types of accidents can be for past medical bills, future medical treatment, lost wages and/or lost income, and property damage.
- Non-Economic Damages – Damages in this area are less obvious. In fact, non-economic damages are based on non-financial losses. Therefore, examples of this are pain and suffering, emotional and mental distress, and loss of quality time.
As a firm, Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim focuses solely on motor vehicle accidents. Over the years, we have mastered what it takes to deliver the most desirable results. This is why we have such an outstanding record. In addition, we always aim to obtain maximum compensation for our clients.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
When it comes to car accidents, there are a variety of reasons why collisions occur. However, some are more frequent than others. Here are the most common causes of Cerritos car accidents:
- Distracted Driving – As the leading cause of traffic collisions in the United States, the National Highway Traffic Safety (NHTS) reports that there were 3,142 distraction-affected crash fatalities in 2019. Distracted driving often involves operating a motor vehicle while using a cell phone, talking to passengers, applying makeup, or eating.
- Speeding – Exceeding the speed limit disallows motorists to brake abruptly and prevent an incident. The faster people drive, the slower they have to react.
- Intoxicated Driving – Motor skills and reaction times are drastically hindered when under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Committing such an act is dangerous for the driver, as well as other motorists and pedestrians.
Who Is Liable for a Car Accident?
In order to recover damages from a car accident, it must be proven that the other party was responsible for causing injury. Someone can be found liable if their negligent actions caused harm to another person.
For example, drunk driving and crashing into another car is an act of negligence. Even if the negligent party is clearly responsible for a car accident, an insurance agent will still attempt to minimize the settlement.
In some cases, both parties were responsible for the wreck. Regardless, someone could be partially responsible and still obtain compensation. This is referred to as comparative fault (partial liability). In this instance, the percentage of fault determines compensation. Then, that amount is awarded to the plaintiff.
In addition, a person can be up to 50% liable for an accident and still receive compensation. If a settlement cannot be reached, then the case goes before a judge and jury inside of courtrooms. Sometimes, going to trial is the best option, allowing a crash victim to receive the compensation that is deserved.
Working with an attorney will help a plaintiff determine which option is best for your particular case.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Research shows that the average driver will file an accident claim once about every 18 years. Whether you’re involved in a minor fender-bender or a major collision, knowing what steps to take after is incredibly beneficial and will help avoid a costly mistake. Follow these important steps after an accident:
- Call the Police – Contacting law enforcement following an accident is a must. Firstly, police presence controls and calms the scene. Then, a police report is created, summarizing what happened. Also, it works as very valuable evidence when filing a claim.
- Collect Information – Exchange the following pieces of information with the other party’s involved: driver’s license number, license plate number, insurance information, and contact number. Additionally, if bystanders were present, get a statement of what they witnessed and their contact information, as well.
- Document the Scene – Immediately take note and record all of the details from the accident. Include specifics such as the time of occurrence, location, weather conditions, and what you were doing (stopped at a red light, signaling while switching lanes, etc.).
- Take Pictures – With a cellphone, take pictures and videos of the crash. Vehicle damages, road skidmarks, and injuries are all valuable visual references to have.
- See a Doctor – Always see a doctor, regardless of how severe or minor injuries appear. Treatment from medical professionals prevents injuries from progressing, and it will help your car accident claim.
- Contact a Cerritos Car Accident Attorney – Before hiring a car accident attorney in Cerritos, begin with a consultation to gain an idea if he/she is a good fit for your case. Also, you will have better insight into the legal process when it comes to filing a car accident claim.
What Should You Do After a Hit-and-Run?
When it comes to Southern California traffic laws, the act of a hit-and-run is when someone knowingly causes an accident and then flees the scene without providing information about themselves.
The state of CA has implemented strict repercussions, should a person violate these laws. In fact, committing such an act can result in either a misdemeanor or a felony.
Like any accident, contact the police, talk to witnesses, document the scene, and receive medical treatment.
Then, contact a qualified auto accident attorney for guidance. Our Cerritos law firm, Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim, is experienced in every aspect of auto-related accident cases. Additionally, we will work to find the guilty party and bring them to justice.
What Are the Types of Car Accident Injuries?
Each car accident is unique. Therefore, injuries will vary from temporary to chronic and minor to life-threatening. The most common types of injuries include:
- Spinal Injuries – Damage to any part of the spinal cord, capable of causing permanent injury
- Rotator Cuff Injuries – Group of muscles and tendons surrounding the shoulder joint that is impacted by car crashes
- Meniscus Injuries – Forceful twisting of the knee area, causing tearing and affecting standing or walking
- Fractures and Breaks – Breaking of any bone in the body can result in mobility reduction and has the potential to cause deformity
- Brain Injury – Jolt to the head that can result in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) affecting vision, thinking, and can result in death
- Amputation – The removal of a limb(s) resulting from injury or surgery complications
- Wrongful Death – Car accidents resulting in the death of a loved one either at the scene or at a later time from injuries
Regardless of the extent of the injuries, always seek medical attention. Only doctors and medical professionals can accurately diagnose injuries, as well as recommend how to treat them.
Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Cerritos, CA
The highways and intersections in Cerritos, predominantly bordering the Los Cerritos Shopping Center, are high problem areas for motor vehicle crashes. Due to high-volume traffic, lack of stop signs, and faulty traffic lights, accidents are common. Here are the most dangerous roadways:
- Del Amo Blvd. and Pioneer Blvd.
- Norwalk Blvd. and South St.
- South St. and Gridley Rd.
- Artesia Blvd. and Bloomfield Ave.
- Pioneer Blvd. and 183rd St.
- South St. and Carmenita Rd.
- Artesia Blvd. and Pioneer Blvd.
- Carmenita Rd. and 183rd St.
- Leal Ave. and Beach St.
- Stowers Ave. at Rose St.
- Artesia Blvd. at Vickie Ave.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
In California, the allotted time you have to file a car accident claim is two years from the date of the accident. However, it is important to file your claim as soon as possible, as evidence can be lost if it’s not preserved. Additionally, if you miss this deadline you could lose your right to pursue compensation. If you are unsure of the timeframe you have to file a claim, you should consult with a Cerritos car accident lawyer.
Do I Need a Police Report to File a Claim?
It’s not mandatory to have a police report when filing a claim, but it is highly recommended. A police report can help to establish liability and the extent of your injuries. It can also provide important details such as the date, time, and location of the accident, the parties involved, traffic citations, and any eyewitnesses. Ensure you obtain a copy of the police report as soon as possible after the accident.
Should I Speak With The Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
You should not speak with the other driver’s insurance company without first speaking with a Cerritos car accident lawyer. Insurance companies are motivated by their bottom line and look out for their own interests. An insurance adjuster may try to get you to make a statement that can be used against you later. Insurance adjusters are well-trained to find reasons to minimize or deny your claim. It is important to consult with a Cerritos auto accident attorney to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected.
What Happens If The Other Driver is Uninsured or Underinsured?
If the other driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, your own insurance policy can provide coverage for your damages. However, you may not be able to recover compensation for all of your losses. It is crucial to review your insurance policy and consult with a Cerritos car accident attorney to understand your legal options.
Should I See a Doctor After a Car Accident?
Even if you feel fine, you should get a medical evaluation after a car accident. You may have injuries that are not immediately apparent or may have been masked by an adrenaline rush. Some car accident injuries may not show symptoms for hours or days and delaying medical treatment may worsen your condition. A doctor can assess your injuries and make sure you receive the medical care you need. Ensure you collect your medical bills and medical records pertaining to the car crash and provide them to an experienced car accident attorney.
What If I Can’t Afford My Medical Bills?
The at-fault party is responsible for your medical bills and other damages caused by the car accident. Our Cerritos car accident lawyer can help you explore your options for medical treatment and payment. We have connections with the top healthcare providers in Cerritos and can help you negotiate a favorable medical lien. Therefore, your medical expenses would come out of your final settlement or verdict.
What Happens If Medical Bills Exceed Policy Limits?
If your medical bills exceed the other driver’s insurance policy limits, you may be able to sue the driver for the additional damages. However, this can be a complex, stressful, and time-consuming process. Our Cerritos car accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance company for a higher settlement and represent you in court, if necessary, to recover the compensation you deserve.
Will My Car Accident Case Go to Trial?
Most car accident cases are settled out of court. However, if the other driver’s insurance company is not willing to offer a fair settlement, an attorney may need to take the case to trial. Our Cerritos car accident lawyer can advocate for you on your behalf and fight for the maximum compensation possible. Daniel Kim maintains a 99% success rate and has recovered over $300 million in settlements and verdicts for his clients.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve a Car Accident Case?
The length of time it takes to resolve a car accident case can vary depending on several factors including the complexity of the case, the extent of the damages, and if the insurance company is willing to negotiate a fair settlement. Some car accident cases can be resolved quickly, while others can take months or even years. Our Cerritos auto accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, file a claim, and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyer Near You
Daniel Kim is well-versed in California laws and rules of the road. Furthermore, our team exclusively specializes in automotive accidents. Also, we know how to deal with insurance companies.
Our goal is to accomplish two things. First, we want to make sure that your main priority is your recovery–and not battling insurers.
Then, we aim to get you and your family maximum compensation for your damages. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, we can help. Schedule your free consultation today.
Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim and his professional legal team are proud to serve nearby neighborhoods and surrounding cities near Cerritos, CA including: Artesia, Bellflower, Compton, Glendale, Hawaiian Gardens, Santa Fe Springs, Lakewood, La Mirada, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Downey, South Gate, Norwalk, Paramount, and Whittier.START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION