Lake Forest Uber Accident Lawyer
Lake Forest is similar to the other cities in Orange County, in the sense that Uber and Lyft have become very popular options for residents to get around town.
Of course Uber is a great alternative to driving after you’ve been drinking, but Uber is also a great way to get around when you don’t want to worry about parking fees, or just a lack of anywhere to park.
Uber has become a household name, but with all the passengers and rides that Uber supports comes a lot of car accidents.
If you have been injured as an Uber driver, an Uber passenger, or a 3rd party hit by an Uber driver, then contact us today for a FREE consultation.
The one thing you don’t want to do is to fight the Uber insurance company (James River) without a top Uber accident lawyer by your side.
Why Contact Law Office of Daniel Kim
If you have been injured in a car accident before then you know what it’s like trying to deal with the other insurance company.
It is no fun.
And if you’ve been in an accident with an Uber vehicle, then trust us, dealing with the insurance company for Uber will be an even bigger nightmare.
The insurance companies aren’t in business to pay out all the injury claims that come across their desk, instead they’d rather deny most claims whenever possible.
Daniel Kim and his legal team have years of experience dealing with Uber accident cases here in Lake Forest and Orange County.
Daniel is an experienced negotiator who knows how to handle the giant insurance companies and all the games they play.
Over the years Daniel has helped thousands of car accident victims, and in turn we have received over 1000 positive reviews on Yelp and Google.
Once you start dealing with the insurance adjusters, medical bills, and other headaches from the car crash, you’ll realize you want the best accident attorney in Orange County to represent you.
More Facts About Our Law Firm
- We can help you get proper medical care
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daniel Kim has a 99% client satisfaction rating
- We’ve won $ hundreds of Millions
Common Causes For Uber Accidents In Lake Forest
As rideshare companies like Uber become more popular as a way of transportation, the number of accidents involving them also continues to increase.
Determining the responsible party in an Uber accident can be a little more complicated than a regular car accident and getting a knowledgeable attorney is important.
Like most people who have been injured in a car crash you just want answers and advice.
You will need a Lake Forest Uber accident lawyer like Daniel Kim to help, call us today.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Forest Lake
- Scanning for passengers (Drivers often have to look intently and scan to find the passenger as well as the right street.)
- Distractions (Accepting the passenger on the App is dangerous because the driver has to look down and take hands off the wheel.)
- Tired drivers (Uber drivers have no hour restrictions and often work long and late hours. This is obviously dangerous.)
- Car malfunctions (Cars should be properly maintained in order to provide a safe service. This is not always adhered to.)
- Weather conditions (In Lake Forest rain and fog is most likely to happen and slippery roads and visibility issues can lead to accidents.)
- Drug driving (With the popularity of marijuana in states like California DUI is on the rise and highly dangerous.)
Other Types OF Uber Hazards
With the increasing number of Uber drivers on the road these days sexual assault cases against them has also increased.
The numbers are still relatively low but they do still exist.
Uber does take steps with background checks and driver safety standards but as a passenger it is still best to always be thinking of your safety.
Remember, you are still getting in a car with a total stranger.
On the other hand passengers harassing Uber drivers is also becoming an issue.
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Lake Forest is unique and the injuries that are suffered can be minor to severe with so many factors involved.
If you have been injured in any way or not quite sure at the moment it is always best to go to the hospital and seek medical attention right away.
Of course, the seriousness of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement so call our offices today for a Free consultation.
Injuries we see every day from Uber accidents in Lake Forest:
- Neck (whiplash is common in all car crashes)
- TBI concussion, memory loss, headaches from impact
- Back herniated disc, spinal cord damage)
- Facial (cuts, bruises, broken facial bones)
- Bones (arms, legs etc., breaks and fractures)
- Burns (skin grafts and scarring)
- Tissue (muscles tendons ligaments ripped, stretched)
- Amputation (loss of a limb, severe and life altering)
What To Do After an Uber Accident
Remember, Uber or Lyft drivers can get into accidents just like anyone else.
The difference is that there is often confusion on what to do after the incident.
Injuries, damages and insurance claims are not unlike any other injury.
Fortunately, if you are a passenger in an Uber accident a claim can be made on their $1 million dollar insurance policy.
If the driver is providing a ride, on the way or picking up a ride this is the policy that is available to drivers and passengers.
If you are able to stay calm then you can follow certain procedures to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights.
This is just a short list of what to do immediately after being involved with an Uber car accident –
- Call 911 (this will begin a paper trail needed for an insurance claim)
- Get medical attention (if an emergency vehicle is not necessary still go to a Dr.)
- Gather info (take pictures of the accident and get all license numbers, insurance, etc.)
- Document your recovery (anxiety, problems sleeping, pain and suffering)
- It’s important to find an Uber attorney in Lake Forest
- Contact Daniel Kim Law Offices for Free consultation
Lake Forest Uber Accident Stats
Trying to get a handle on the amount of ridesharing and Uber accidents that occurred in Lake Forest in 2017 is a bit of a challenge, if only because this information has not yet totally been released to the general public.
At the same time, Lake Forest remains one of the safest towns and cities in Orange County when it comes to overall accident rates.
The town has just slightly less than 0.8 accidents per 1000 people living in the community.
Injuries And Deaths From Uber Accidents In Lake Forest 2017
Again, finding injury information – and fatality information – regarding over accidents in Lake Forest in particular during 2017 is challenging just because the details have not been provided yet.
The community remains pretty safe, but a quick check of news reports during 2017 shows no fatalities as a direct result of Uber accidents.
Car accident injuries as a result of accidents involving at least one Uber vehicle likely occurred, however, considering the fact that almost 80% of all car accidents have at least an injury involved.
What % Of These Accident Involved Drugs Or Alcohol
It would be nice to think that professional Uber drivers would not get behind the wheel of their vehicles while under the influence, but this happens a lot more often than most people would like to assume.
DUI arrests are up 30% in the past five years and 11% of motor vehicle accidents (particularly those involving fatalities) are linked to operators consuming drugs before they got behind the wheel.
How Many Uber Drivers Are There In California, How Many People Have Uber App On Their Phone
Uber claims that they have just north of 385,000 people working for them as drivers in the state of California alone – and many believe that this number is going to quickly grow to 500,000 people before the end of 2020.
Millions and millions of people throughout California (the rest of the country, for that matter) have Uber installed on their phone
Mobile app industry experts believe that one out of every two smart phones out there has Uber loaded and ready to go.
How Much Money Did Uber Make In 2017
During the year 2017 Uber (a publicly traded company) announced that they had made just north of $37 billion in revenue globally.
The average American spends close to $4000 on Uber rides every year at an average of $22 per ride – and that’s just here in the United States.
Bad Intersections In Lake Forest For Car Accidents
Like any other major town in the United States, there are good intersections and bad intersections in Lake Forest – as well as some intersections you’ll want to do your best to avoid for safety sake.
These intersections include:
- Rancho Parkway and Bake Parkway
- Portola Parkway and Bake Parkway
- Lake Forest Drive and Town Center Drive