Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident in Tustin, contact Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim today. Daniel Kim is an exceptional pedestrian accident lawyer in Tustin and other cities in Orange County such as Costa Mesa, Anaheim, etc. Daniel Kim and his team of pedestrian accident lawyers can give you answer on what’s worrying you. Speak with us today by calling 800-719-9779 !
Like most cities in Orange County, Tustin residents walk all over the area whether they are going to work, the gym, or maybe a restaurant to get lunch.
California in general is known for a large amount of pedestrian accidents, but this is mostly due to the large population and sheer volume of pedestrians that walk around the cities they live in.
There are things you can do as a pedestrian in Tustin to stay safe, things like wear bright clothing, avoid walking at night, don’t listen to music while you walk, always follow the pedestrian and traffic laws, etc. etc.
Why Contact Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident here in Tustin, be prepared to be in for a fight with the opposing insurance companies.
Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim is a top pedestrian accident lawyer in Tustin (and all of Orange County) that is well versed in helping pedestrian accident victims seek compensation.
Daniel Kim and his legal team of Tustin pedestrian accident lawyers are very experienced when it comes to pedestrian accident injuries, and we won’t be intimidated by the corporate insurance companies who are just worried about their quarterly profits.
We have an A+ rating at the BBB, and we have over 1000 client reviews on Yelp and Google.
What really makes Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim different is that he is truly compassionate and will speak to you on the phone to explain how everything works.
Most law firms (like you may have already experienced) will only let you speak to an attorney assistant, or a paralegal, but when you call us you’ll actually speak to Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim is you have a case.
More Facts About Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim
- We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel will help you get proper medical treatment
- Call us for a FREE consultation
- You will speak to an actual attorney, not an assistant
- We have won hundreds of millions $ for our clients
Common Injuries From a Pedestrian Accident In Tustin
When a pedestrian is hit by a motor vehicle the results can be devastating. Pain and suffering can be extensive and often debilitating to the person.
The faster the speed of the vehicle the more severe the injuries and chance of death.
The same is true of the size and weight of the car or truck hitting a pedestrian.
Other factors often include the health and age of the person as well as where the impact occurs.
Automobiles are powerful pieces of machinery and can cause great harm to a person with no protection on the city streets.
Most common injuries we see from pedestrian accidents:
- Fractures – The impact of the vehicle can break bones alone. A crushing type injury can cause multiple breaks like compound fractures. Hitting the pavement or striking the hood or windshield can cause fractures as well.
- Internal bleeding – These injuries can cause pain and major complications with internal organs like kidneys, liver, heart, and spleen rupturing and bleeding internally. This is very dangerous and often harder to detect the extent of injury.
- Traumatic brain injury – When the head makes contact with the road or a vehicle it can lead to TBI. The brain swells and can cause it to hemorrhage. A number of symptoms like; severe headaches, loss of memory, disorientation etc. can be the result.
- Spine injuries – A pedestrian can become paralyzed and suffer permanent paralysis in worst case scenarios when a vehicle strikes a pedestrian. Other conditions of the spine can include herniated discs or a broken vertebra.
- Lacerations – When a puncture wound occurs it can cause rapid blood loss to the victim. Open wounds can also create infections often leading to further complications.
Dealing With The Insurance Companies
After suffering injuries in a pedestrian accident you can count on the insurance companies to start calling you.
If a driver hit you, then his auto insurance company could be liable so they will want to speak to you and get a statement, etc.
Be very careful about talking to an insurance company or signing anything, instead your best bet is to contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as you get out of the hospital.
In the end the insurance company is not going to be your friend, so don’t just sit back and wait for them to help you.
If you take that approach we guarantee you’ll regret your decision.
California Pedestrian Laws and Right of Way
When we were children most of our parents did their best to teach us about crossing a busy road and how to stay safe while walking.
California pedestrian laws exist to help both the pedestrian know their rights as well as the motor vehicle driver.
These laws are intended to make the city streets of Tustin much safer when the driver and pedestrian interact with each other.
Crosswalk Laws In California For Both Pedestrians And Motorists
- A crosswalk is mostly at intersections usually marked with white lines, flashing lights telling the pedestrian when to walk or stop.
- Pedestrians have the right away if there is a signal light unless the motorist has already legally entered the area.
- Pedestrians that decide to cross at an unmarked area must yield to the vehicle.
- Jaywalking is the act of crossing a street in a careless, illegal, or unsafe manner. No one should run suddenly into traffic or surprise the driver recklessly.
- At the same time the drivers must be cautious and respect the pedestrians right away allowing enough time to safely cross the street.
- Crosswalk laws are there for both the drivers of vehicles and pedestrians to abide by.
- The law states that motorists must yield right-of-way when a pedestrian crosses the roadway within a marked crosswalk. A “Crosswalk” can also include unmarked ones as well. There are some exceptions to the code but this is true in most instances unless specified.
- Drivers should never pass a vehicle that happens to be stopped in the crosswalk. Often someone is in the crossing and the car behind cannot see the pedestrian.
- When a motorist sees a blind person with a white cane crossing the intersection, they must be aware and take special care in allowing them to safely cross.
Typical People Involved in Pedestrian Accidents
In general anybody walking around near vehicles is at risk of being hit, but certain groups of people face a much much higher risk of being injured or killed in a car crash.
Elderly: A study conducted by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) found out that almost 20 percent of all victims of fatal pedestrian accidents were those people older than 65. According to the study, just 9% of all pedestrian injuries were elderly individuals.
Children: 20% of kids killed in car accidents were pedestrians, not passengers. Children are extremely vulnerable during holidays such as Halloween and Christmas, along with summer months (when kids are out of school), or at crowded events such as parades.
Alcohol-Related Accidents: According to the DOT, about 50% of all pedestrian accidents involved alcohol in some way, either from the driver or the pedestrian showing signs of having drank alcohol.
Tustin California Pedestrian Accident Stats
With a lot of pedestrian traffic moving along Tustin streets on a day-to-day basis (because of its almost completely urban layout), it’s amazing that this Orange County town doesn’t have more pedestrian accidents than it does.
According to the state of California, Tustin is one of the safest towns in Orange County when it comes to pedestrian accidents with an accident rate of just under 0.5 per 1000 people living in the community.
Deaths From Pedestrian Accidents In Tustin In 2017
In 2017, no one lost their lives as a result of a pedestrian accident in the town of Tustin.
Many Injuries From Pedestrian Accidents In Tustin In 2017
The rate of pedestrian accidents that had at least one injury reported in the town of Tustin was right in line with the California State average, with more than 80% of these accidents having at least one injured party reported.
% Of Pedestrian Accidents Involve A Drunk Or Distracted Driver
Drunk driving and distracted driving are huge problems in the state of California and in Orange County in particular.
The state of California has found that DUI charge rates are up 30% over the last five years, 11% of all fatal accidents (including those involving pedestrians) are caused by drivers under the influence of drugs, and that fully 80% of all motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver inattention or distracted driving.
How Many People Live In Tustin
Tustin is one of the smaller communities in Orange County, but still a fairly large metropolitan area as far as the United States is concerned.
The population of Tustin was last calculated in 2018, with the city reporting a population of 82,344 people.
The population of Tustin has been growing every year for the last 10 years, however, and it’s likely that the current population is a little larger than that right now – and will get larger for the foreseeable future.
Bad Intersections In Tustin For Pedestrian Accidents
While Tustin doesn’t take up too much area geographically, it is almost entirely an urban community with plenty of highways and busy roads that have proven to be pretty dangerous for pedestrians and automobile traffic alike.
The intersection of Browning Avenue and Bryan Avenue is one of the most dangerous intersections in all of Tustin, as is the intersection of Tustin Ranch Road and Irvine Boulevard.
Pedestrians will also want to be very careful around Newport Avenue and Walnut Avenue, as well as the intersection of Newport Avenue and San Juan Street – especially since Tustin High School is located right there and will almost always have pedestrian traffic.
Other Practice Areas We Handle
Tustin Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim handles any type of personal injury cases that involved – Motorcycle, Truck, Uber, Car and Bike.
Motorcycle Accidents – As we all know riding a motorcycle is very dangerous, and almost all motorcycle accidents lead to severe injuries.
Truck Accidents – there are actually quite a few semi-truck accidents in Tustin, but our law firm knows what needs to be done to protect your legal rights.
Uber Accidents – Uber has become so popular that sometimes it seems like every other car on the roads here in Tustin is an Uber or Lyft driver. Uber has a unique commercial insurance policy (with James River) so if you were injured as an Uber passenger, and Uber driver, or if you were hit by an Uber driver call us.
Car Accidents – This can involve any type of crash from an Uber wreck, to maybe a teenage driver hit you, or maybe an old lady ran a red light and rear-ended your car. Call us if you have been in any type of car accident and you were injured, we are here to help.
Bike Accidents – Bike accidents always lead to a serious injury, even if you are wearing a helmet. Broken bones and road rash are almost a guaranteed result if you have been hit while riding a bike in Tustin.