Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
There’s always a chance you can be involved in a car accident no matter where you live, and Pasadena is no exception.
In a city like Pasadena where major roads and freeways intersect, along with popular tourist shopping and entertainment areas such as Colorado Boulevard, Old Town, the Rose Bowl, and Lake Avenue, car accidents are bound to occur.
Even people just reversing out of their driveway can cause an accident, or a new teenage driver learning the ropes can be a danger on the roads.
If you do suffer any kind of injury as a result of a car accident, seek medical treatment immediately and then contact The Law Office of Daniel Kim today for a FREE consultation.
Why Contact The Law Office of Daniel Kim
Daniel Kim is a highly sought after and highly rated personal injury attorney who has been representing Pasadena residents for many years.
Daniel and his team only deal with motor vehicle accidents.
We leave the “slip and fall” and other such incidents at the door, and strictly focus our knowledge and expertise towards getting you the maximum settlement possible for your car accident personal injury case.
Daniel Kim is both compassionate and aggressive.
We know firsthand how frustrating and intimidating it can be to deal with both the injuries sustained in a car accident, and the insurance companies that hound you afterward.
Reasons To Contact The Law Office of Daniel Kim
- Our office proudly serves the city of Pasadena and LA County
- If you are unable to meet us in our office, we can come to you.
- There are over 1000 positive reviews for Daniel on Google, Facebook and Yelp.
- No pressure, no obligation FREE consultation.
- Contact us 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
How Much Is My Car Accident Settlement Worth
Understandably, this is always one of the first questions that our clients ask, and the truth is there are a large number of variables that go into the answer.
When you contact The Law Office of Daniel Kim, we will ask you questions to gather information and get a good overview of your situation.
These questions help us to determine the potential value of your case and how long it may take to settle.
We understand that when you have been injured in a car accident and start seeing the medical bills mounting up, it can become very stressful very quickly.
Daniel Kim’s goals include treating our clients ethically and compassionately.
This includes keeping the client informed about the case every step of the way, and fighting the insurance companies on your behalf so that you receive the maximum settlement possible.
Here’s a list of damages you may be able to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills – any bills or costs associated with the injuries sustained in the car accident.
- Loss of wages – hours or days off work as a direct result of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering – physical pain and mental suffering can last for a significant amount of time after the car accident.
- Rehabilitation costs – for victims with more serious injuries who need continued physical therapy or treatment of any kind.
- Punitive damages – sometimes awarded if the defendant’s conduct was considered criminal.
Dealing With The Insurance Companies After An Accident
Dealing with insurance companies is never fun, even if it’s just shopping for a quote or asking simple questions about a current policy.
But that hassle and stress escalates dramatically when contacting insurance companies after you have been in a car accident in Pasadena.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, whether you are the driver, the passenger, or even hit an Uber or Lyft, you have rights and need to be very aware of how to deal with insurance companies and their tactics.
Once an insurance claim has been filed the insurance adjusters will call you for a recorded statement and start the process of determining fault.
Remember, no insurance company wants to pay anything, let alone compensate you for injuries suffered in a car accident.
Common tactics used by insurance companies include offering a quick lowball settlement (so they can avoid paying you fair compensation for what your claim is worth) and getting you to sign papers waiving rights and even admitting guilt.
Don’t let this happen to you.
Call Daniel Kim today and let us take the wheel.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
If you are involved in a car accident in Pasadena you may have the right to be compensated for property damage and injuries.
Here’s a list of things you should do when involved in a motor vehicle accident.
1. Stop – do not leave the scene of the accident until speaking with other drivers no matter how minor you think it is. Doing so could result in criminal proceedings.
2. Call the police – even if everyone is okay, you may need a police report to file a claim.
3. Take photos – include visible injuries, damage to all vehicles, and the scene in general.
4. Talk to witnesses – get the contact information for anyone who may have witnessed the accident. If you do not have a dash cam this will help with your claim.
5. Exchange information – obtain the name, address, phone number, license, registration and insurance information of all other parties involved.
6. Seek medical attention – unless you are 100% certain you were not injured, you should seek medical attention immediately. There may be injuries you cannot see yet.
7. Report the accident – notify your insurance company as soon as possible.
8. Call The Law Office of Daniel Kim for a FREE Consultation.
Common Causes For Car Accidents In Pasadena
The list of reasons why car accidents happen is endless, and our lawyers have seen them all.
Regrettably, many motor vehicle accidents could be avoided if people would pay more attention and drove more safely.
Here are some reasons for motor vehicle accidents in Pasadena:
- Speeding – the most common cause of car accidents.
- Drunk driving – DUIs are responsible for many accidents in Pasadena.
- Distracted drivers – even though it’s against the law, many drivers are still texting, emailing, or checking the social media whilst behind the wheel.
- Bad weather – even though it doesn’t rain all that often in Pasadena, when it does accident numbers increase.
- Running a red light or stop sign – driving illegally through an intersection can have terrible results.
- Poor road conditions – uneven surfaces, potholes and roadwork can make for a hazardous driving experience.
- Tire blowouts – these usually happen unexpectedly and can cause the vehicle to be difficult to control.
Common Injuries From a Car Accident
Injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents range from the minor to the catastrophic.
If you are injured in any kind of motor vehicle accident, it is imperative that you seek medical treatment immediately.
Going directly to the doctor or emergency room will both help you get on the road to recovery quickly AND help your case.
The longer you delay treatment, the worse your injuries can get and the more likely the defendant’s insurance company will try to argue that your injuries were not a serious as you claim.
Here is a list of common injuries from car accidents in Pasadena:
- Neck injuries – including whiplash, strains and neck sprain.
- TBI – Traumatic Brain Injury, concussion and skull fractures are very common.
- Spinal injuries – spinal cord damage can result in major long-term complications.
- Broken bones – broken noses, wrists, arms and ankles often occur.
- Soft tissue injuries – torn ligaments or tendons, muscle pain and more.
- Amputation – terrible life-changing injuries.
- Death – the absolute worst case scenario.
Along with other factors, the severity of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement.
To find out where you stand, called Daniel Kim today for a Free phone consultation.
Pasadena Car Accident Statistics
Although Pasadena is a relatively safe and peaceful city, car accidents are still quite common.
According to the 2019 “America’s Safe Drivers Report” released by Allstate, the 210 Freeway in Pasadena California ranks at number 14 on the most “Risky Roads” list where more crashes tend to occur.
Also worth noting is that the 134 Freeway which leads in and out of Pasadena in an East/West direction ranks at number 5 on the same list.
In 2017 there were 6 fatal car accidents in the City of Pasadena involving a total of 9 cars, with the amount of reported non-fatal injuries in the thousands.
Each year in the United States there are over 5 million car crashes reported. Of these, over 2 million people sustained injuries.
In California alone, motor vehicle accidents injure over 200,000 drivers yearly.
% Of Pasadena Car Accidents Involving Drugs or a Alcohol
Unfortunately, people operating vehicles whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol is still a major problem in Pasadena and throughout the State of California.
Whilst the rise of Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft have helped decrease those numbers somewhat, 11% of all motor vehicle accidents in California have been found to be caused by a driver operating the vehicle under the influence.
In Pasadena, there were 2 reported fatal car accidents involving drunk people in 2017, and countless DUI arrest made.
Bad Intersections In Pasadena For Car Accidents
Walnut Street and Pasadena Avenue has topped the list of the worst intersections in California many times over the past 20 years.
Other bad intersections for motor vehicle accidents in Pasadena include –
- Lake Avenue at Corson Street
- Maple Street at Fair Oaks Ave
- Lake Ave at Orange Grove Blvd
- Los Robles Ave and East Orange Grove Blvd
- 210 Foothill Freeway and Lincoln Avenue
- West Washington Blvd at North Fair Oaks Ave