Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles, it is crucial to have an experienced Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney by your side. The numerous highways in Los Angeles are a popular place for motorcyclists to ride. Unfortunately, the highways in Los Angeles are shown to be dangerous as many motorcycle accidents have been reported throughout the years. Call our highly experienced Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers for assistance with your accident.
A professional Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney can help. Daniel Kim and his legal team are highly experienced in helping victims of motorcycle accidents. Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer Daniel Kim works hard to guarantee you can continue riding your motorcycle across Los Angeles. He will fight to get his client’s maximum financial compensation for their accident. There is no cost to clients until their case is won.
According to the NHTSA, 52 % of all fatal motorcycle accidents occur on weekends from 3-9 pm, and just over 5% of all motorcycle wrecks are fatal.
Further down the page are some statistics that show just how dangerous it can be for motorcyclists in Los Angeles today.
Why Do I Need A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accidents can be a hassle to deal with. You find yourself consumed with a number of different tasks. Insurance companies usually want to offer quick payouts. This often leaves the accident victim helpless and buried in medical fees. This does provide the victim with money sooner, but oftentimes it isn’t enough to cover damages or bills. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, contact Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer Daniel Kim today to ensure you receive fair compensation.
Having an experienced and professional Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure you get a fair settlement. Our team of attorneys will work day and night on your case to get you maximum compensation. By having a Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney, you can avoid the pressure of dealing with insurance companies on your own.
Daniel Kim and his legal team will walk you through the process step by step so you always know what is going on. We will work with insurance companies and handle the difficult parts of the lawsuit. Daniel Kim’s team will take all details into consideration to build your case against the defendant. We fight to make sure our clients are compensated for pain and suffering, medical bills, damages, and any lost wages. If the defendant chooses not to settle, we will take your case to court.
Why Contact Law Office of Daniel Kim
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident is no joke.
Motorcycle accidents can cause severe injuries to the motorcycle rider and their passenger, but when you contact Daniel Kim you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
Daniel Kim and his legal team have years of experience dealing with motorcycle accidents in Costa Mesa and our law firm will fight for you.
Trying to deal with the insurance companies, the medical bills, and getting your motorcycle repaired can be a very stressful situation.
The Law Offices of Daniel Kim have over 1000 positive reviews on Google and Yelp.
Daniel Kim won’t settle quickly with the insurance companies just to get an easy paycheck, instead Daniel will fight for you to ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Daniel is an expert negotiator and he will use his years of experience when he represents you with your motorcycle injury claim.
Don’t wait any longer to get help, call us today for a Free consultation.
We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
How Much is My Motorcycle Accident Settlement Worth?
Motorcycle accidents occur every day as a result of negligent drivers. Most often, motorcycle accidents leave the cyclist in serious conditions.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles? If so, it is important to know that you have a right to file a claim.
It is likely that if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, then you are entitled to compensation from the person at fault. A Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer can help request a settlement from the other party or take the case to court.
Call Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney Daniel Kim to get compensated fairly for any damages you have sustained.
Certain damages are easier to calculate like medical bills, lost wages, etc.
On the other hand, things like pain and suffering are much harder to put a dollar amount on.
If you have suffered a major injury as a result of a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Property Damage: Full cost to repair or replace the damaged motorcycle
- Lost Wages: Compensation from lost wages as a result of having to take time off work due to a serious injury
- Medical Costs: Compensation for present and future medical costs such as appointments, surgery, medication, rehab, etc.
- Punitive Damages: Additional compensation if the driver at fault was clearly negligent when causing the accident.
Each motorcycle accident is different. There isn’t an exact set method or compensation payout that can be applied to motorcycle accident lawsuits.
Determining the settlement amount often depends on the damages sustained in the accident.
Your injuries from the motorcycle accident will be included with any calculation that your Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer provides you with.
Don’t fight this battle alone, call Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer Daniel Kim today.
Los Angeles Motorcycle Accidents Statistics
In the entire state of California, 16,505 motorcycle accidents were reported. Nearly 16% of those accidents were located in Los Angeles county.
These kinds of accidents are incredibly common these days and are becoming more prevalent.
The amount of motorcycle accidents reported in Los Angeles is double today compared to the year 2000.
How Many Deaths Occur From Motorcycle Accidents?
The Governors Highway Safety Association reported that 566 motorcyclists died because of accidents in 2017. This is an 11% increase compared to 2016.
California was found to be far more dangerous than the national average. There is almost a 24% increase in these motorcycle-related fatalities compared to the U.S. as a whole.
These numbers are staggering when thinking about all the families who are directly related to those accident victims.
How Many Injuries Occurred From Motorcycle Accidents in 2017?
In 2017, 15,527 injuries were reported across 16,505 motorcycle-related accidents across the state of California.
Nearly 16% of those accidents occurred in Los Angeles.
That means nearly 2,480 injuries stem from motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles.
The U.S. Department of Transportation stated that nearly 80% of all motorcycle accidents throughout the U.S. inevitably result in injury or fatality.
This means that Los Angeles – and California in general – is outpacing national averages.
What Percent of Drivers Tested Positive For Drugs Or Alcohol In These Accidents?
A total of 22.8%, of ALL fatal motorcycle accidents, involved a driver under the influence of drugs and alcohol(prescription drugs included).
Many of the impaired drivers behind the wheel of the vehicle, either kill the motorcyclist or cause critical injuries.
What Percent of Motorcycle Accidents Involved A Distracted Driver?
Nearly 80% of all automobile and motorcycle accidents involve a driver that was distracted. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in Los Angeles as well as around the nation.
60% of motorcycle accidents occur once the sun goes down and street visibility decreases.
Super Sportbike riders are four times more likely to be involved in motorcycle accidents than any other type of motorcyclist.
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Call Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer Daniel Kim today for help.
Dangerous Intersections in Los Angeles For Motorcyclists
Riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles is very dangerous. Many intersections in Los Angeles are known for being extremely busy and dangerous. A number of intersections known for motorcycle accidents causing severe injuries and fatalities.
Here are some of the well-known dangerous intersections in Los Angeles for motorcycle accidents –
- Motor Drive & Monte Mar Drive
- Franklin Ave & Beachwood Drive
- Highland & Hollywood Blvd
- Vanowen St. & Sepulveda Blvd.
- Fairfax Ave & 3rd Street
- Santa Monica & Colby Street
Common Causes For Motorcycle Accidents in Los Angeles
It can be inevitable to avoid an accident in the streets of Los Angeles. Ultimately, even if you follow all the rules of the road, there is still a chance that another car will hit you.
There are a thousand variables that cause motorcycle accidents. Listed below are the most common ways a motorcycle accident occurs.
- Car Doors – Careless drivers often fling their door open while parked and don’t look for any possible passersby before.
- Speeding – Speeding is a leading cause of accidents. Speeding makes it very difficult to see a motorcyclist approaching. The faster a car is going, the worse the impact and injuries will be.
- Lane Splitting – This occurs when a driver is switching lanes. Although legal, if you aren’t aware of your surroundings, an accident could occur.
- Unsafe Lane Changes – Motorcyclists are hard to see. As a result, when a person driving fails to check their blind spots or use a signal, this spells disaster for motorcyclists.
- Motorcycle Defects – Sometimes a manufacturer designs a motorcycle poorly and a defective part can lead to an accident such as a flat tire or failing breaks.
- Dangerous Road Conditions – Potholes, debris, broken stoplights, etc. can increase the chances of motorcycle rider losing control of their vehicle.
- Left-turn Accidents – This happens when a driver misjudges the distance they think the motorcyclist is in comparison to their vehicle.
- Sudden Stops – Sudden stops, also known as rear-end, accidents happen when people don’t leave enough distance between themselves and other vehicles.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is very common nowadays. People become distracted by texting, looking at maps, talking on the phone, and even writing emails. Sadly, many accidents occur because people fail to pay attention to the road.
Contact Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer Daniel Kim if you have been in a motorcycle accident.
Common Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident
Riding a motorcycle is extremely dangerous and even with proper safety equipment, there are plenty of horrible injuries that you need to worry about.
It is important to follow all the motorcycle laws in Los Angeles. Be aware of the road and be polite. Practicing safe riding can prevent unnecessary accidents.
Common injuries from a motorcycle accident include –
- Road Rash – This occurs when a motorcycle rider skids across the pavement. This can happen at 15 or 55 MPH. A good leather jacket and pants can definitely help the rider avoid serious road rash. Hitting the pavement in normal clothes (t-shirt, shorts, etc.) can cause extreme road rash injuries.
- Broken Bones – The main problem for bikers is that they have no barrier or seatbelt to protect them in a collision. Therefore, when a motorcyclist is hit by a car or truck, it’s very common to suffer from broken bones. Typical injuries include broken legs, ankles, and broken arms.
- Head Injury – A head injury is the most serious injury a motorcyclist can obtain. Therefore, It is crucial to wear a helmet to avoid a head injury, but even then there is no guarantee. Sadly, a head injury is the most common injury resulting from a motorcycle crash. A head injury could include a concussion or even permanent brain damage.
- Back and Spine – When the spinal cord is injured from the impact of a motorcycle crash, it can result in paralysis. This is a catastrophic injury that usually results in permanent disability for the biker