Best Uber Accident Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga
Uber and Lyft are very popular in the Inland Empire, and especially in Rancho Cucamonga.
Even though Uber is there to drive you home when you’ve been drinking, or when you need a ride to work, but you still need to be very careful about riding in an Uber and be aware.
Of course verify it’s your driver before you get in the car, wear your seat belt, and don’t distract your driver while on the road.
If you have been injured in an Uber accident then contact a San Bernardino car accident lawyer today.CALL NOW
Why Contact An Uber Accident Lawyer in Rancho Cucamonga?
Daniel Kim is a well-respected Rancho Cucamonga Uber accident lawyer and we are here to help.
Daniel and his legal team have years of experience dealing with rideshare accidents here in Southern California and we’ll fight for you.
The insurance companies can be very frustrating to deal with if you have been injured in an Uber crash.
You have to remember that insurance companies don’t want to pay out any money for accident claims, so leave the headaches to us – call us today.
We have an A+ rating with the BBB, and we have a client satisfaction rating of 99%.
We now have over 1000 reviews on Yelp and Google from past clients that wanted to share their success stories.
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help.
Call Daniel Kim today for a FREE consultation.
Practice Areas We Specialize In
At The Law Offices of Daniel Kim, our personal injury attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga exclusively handle motor vehicle accident cases. This sets us apart from other law firms that take any case just to make a quick dollar. Our outstanding attorneys focus on motor vehicle accidents. This allows us to offer the best service to our clients who want real experience and knowledge.
Car Accidents – This can involve any type of crash from an Uber wreck, to maybe a teenage driver hitting you, or maybe an old lady ran a red light and rear-ended your car. Call us for any automotive-related accident.
Motorcycle Accidents – As we all know riding a motorcycle is very dangerous, and almost all motorcycle accidents lead to severe injuries.
Truck Accidents – there are actually quite a few semi-truck accidents in the area, but our law firm knows what needs to be done to protect your legal rights.
Pedestrian Accidents – These are always bad accidents because a pedestrian has no chance against a 2,000 lb. car that runs them over.
Bike Accidents – Bike accidents always lead to a serious injury, even if you are wearing a helmet. Broken bones and road rash are common in bike accidents.
Car Accident Lawyer Daniel Kim – Rancho Cucamonga Office
Address: 9087 Arrow Rte., Suite #225, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Phone: (909) 256-7444
Common Causes for Uber Accidents in Rancho Cucamonga
Taking rideshare can be a dangerous experience due to an Uber or Lyft driver’s error or another driver’s negligence.
California and more specifically the roads of Rancho Cucamonga can be hectic. Between rush hours, back seat distractions, errant drivers etc., the chance for an Uber accident is increased.
Uber and Lyft are great companies that help California cut down on drunk driving but drunk driving occurs still all too frequently.
If you are a passenger in an Uber or if you’re an Uber driver yourself, there is a chance of getting injured in a car accident. It is important to get legal help and advice.
You will need a Rancho Cucamonga Uber accident lawyer like Daniel Kim to help, call us today.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Rancho Cucamonga:
- Driving while distracted (When the Uber driver gets notified of the customer who is looking for the ride, they must accept the ride by using the phone. This requires the driver’s attention from the road.)
- Sudden stopping (Drivers and passengers are at risk when an Uber driver is in an unfamiliar area looking for the customer.)
- Weather (In Rancho Cucamonga rain and fog can be dangerous for rideshare drivers who are searching for their drop off location or passenger pickup)
- Tired drivers (Often Uber drivers find themselves working many hours without a break. Trying to meet their bonus plan as well as the freedom to make extra money can leave a driver exhausted)
- Drivers making U-turns (Making illegal U-turns in the middle of the road in the search for the passenger happens a lot and puts everyone on the road in danger.)
- Aggressive driving (Driving reckless, speeding, cutting off other cars in a hurry are a big problems and an accident waiting to happen.)
- Car maintenance (Uber vehicles are known to put a lot of miles on them in short periods of time, that is why it is so important to properly maintain the vehicle.)
- DUI (Hopefully your Uber driver is not under the influence but there are always other cars on the road that can make your rideshare experience dangerous, especially in the nighttime.)
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Rancho Cucamonga is unique, and if you are injured it is important to seek medical attention.
There is a wide range of injuries that can occur in an Uber accident and they can range from minor to more severe depending on factors like; speed, size, weight, and location of impact.
The severity of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement and it is in your best interest to hire a Rancho Cucamonga Uber lawyer.
Injuries we see every day from Uber accidents in Rancho Cucamonga:
- Spinal injury (when this occurs there can be a loss of movement or feeling in the lower body, paralysis is possible in most extreme injuries)
- Brain injuries (traumatic brain injury can be long-lasting or even permanent, symptoms include; unconsciousness, confusion, difficulty learning, coordination problems, trouble speaking etc.)
- Lacerations (cuts, scrapes, and wounds can be very serious and have long term scarring and surgery is often needed. Broken glass and facial impact to the seat, steering wheel windshield etc.)
- Broken bones (broken bones can happen to all parts of the body in an Uber accident, can be painful and need surgery to repair, can often take an extended time to heal)
- Soft tissue injury (ligaments, muscles, or tendons are torn or stretched in an accident, the pain can be significant and lasting)
What to Do After an Uber Accident
There are numerous possibilities and issues that you can come across when entering into a lawsuit involving Uber.
One of the potential complications that can arise is determining who is responsible for the accident and how it came about.
It is important that you keep your composure and follow a certain process to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights.
What to do after being involved with an Uber car accident:
- Call 911 (When police are called to the scene, an official record of the accident is made. It is best to get officer’s names and badge numbers for the report as well. Remember the more details you can obtain the better.
- Check for injuries (Try and stay calm and check and see the severity of injuries. Sometimes it is best to get your car out of the road first, while with other injuries it is best to stay in the car and wait for help.)
- Take photos (If possible, get as many photos it takes to help the insurance companies decide fault and see what happened. The saying, a picture says a thousand words is true in accidents and vital.)
- Get info (Get names of drivers, insurance, phone numbers, driver’s license, license plates, etc. Try and write down what happened to the best of your abilities for later reference)
- Get medical attention (Keep all pertinent records of any medical bills, doctors, treatments, x-rays, etc. Medical expenses are very important to keep track of)
- Contact Daniel Kim Law Offices for a Free consultation
Rancho Cucamonga Uber Accident Stats
Like any other major metropolitan area in the United States, Rancho Cucamonga certainly has its fair share of car accidents – some of which include vehicles driven by ridesharing services like Uber.
At the same time, Rancho Cucamonga continues to be one of the safest cities in all of Southern California as far as traffic accidents are concerned.
They have an accident rate of 3.4 incidents per 100,000 people living in the city – a number that is considerably lower than the statewide accident rate (currently slightly above 5.7 incidents per 100,000 people).
Deaths From Uber/Car Accidents in Rancho Cucamonga
In 2017, six fatal car accidents were reported throughout Rancho Cucamonga.
Again, this number is considerably lower than the statewide average but this loss of life remains unacceptable for a city looking to make their roads as safe as possible.
Injuries From Uber/Car Accidents
According to the same sources, 380+ individual car accidents had at least a single injury reported as a result of that accident during 2017.
On top of that, 1209 accidents throughout Rancho Cucamonga also had some examples of property damage associated with those incidents.
Percentage of Uber Accidents Involving a Drunk Driver
Drinking and driving remain a challenge for the state of California and Rancho Cucamonga in particular.
Over the last five years, there has been a 30% increase in the amount of DUI charges assessed to California drivers, including Uber drivers that are operating their vehicles while “on the clock”.
11% of all accidents in the state of California can also be traced back to individuals operating their vehicles while under the influence of drugs.
Rancho Cucamonga Population
At last count, Rancho Cucamonga had a population that sat slightly above 177,450 people – though the population rate for Rancho Cucamonga has been on the upswing over the last 30 years and continues to trend upwards even today.
Just over 78% of the population in this city is already 18 years of age or older as well.
Bad Intersections in Rancho Cucamonga for Car Accidents
Plenty of dangerous intersections exist in Rancho Cucamonga When it comes to riding in a vehicle, even an Uber vehicle, and you’ll want to be sure that you stay especially vigilant should you travel over any of the intersections we highlight below:
- Interstate 10 and West Foothill Boulevard
- South Highland Avenue and Highway 210
- Banyan Street and Day Creek Boulevard