Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach is located south of Long Beach and North of Newport Beach. With miles of the open road along PCH, it’s no wonder why “Surf City” attracts so many motorcyclists. However, anytime you take a bike down the busy roadways of HB, the chances of being in an accident increase. If you have been injured while riding a motorcycle, contact our motorcycle accident lawyer in Huntington Beach today.
The Law Offices of Daniel Kim has years of experience recovering millions in compensation for motorcycle accident victims, and we can help you. Call us today to schedule a free case assessment.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Huntington Beach
After a motorcycle accident, there will be a number of obstacles to deal with. While it may appear impossible, you must focus on recovering from the accident.
Of course, your health comes first. In fact, the most important precaution to take is getting proper medical care. This will prevent injuries from worsening. It will also help support your personal injury claim.
Then, you will have to worry about dealing with the insurance companies. This process is overwhelming and complicated. Therefore, you need to work with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to assist you and ease the stress. However, be careful about hiring just any Orange County law firm.
The Law Offices of Daniel Kim exclusively deals with motor vehicle-related accidents. We are well-versed in the CA motorcycle laws and have a winning success rate for our personal injury cases.
Here is what you can expect from working with our law firm:
- 99% success rate
- Recovered over $300 million in settlements and verdicts
- Absolutely free, no-risk consultation
- We can come to you if you are unable to come to our office
- Access to the best medical care in your area
- Over 1,000 Positive reviews on Yelp and Google
- You can contact us 24-hours a day, seven days a week
Practice Areas We specialize In
At The Law Offices of Daniel Kim, our accident lawyers exclusively handle motor vehicle accident cases. In addition to our motorcycle accident lawyers in Huntington Beach specializing in bike accidents, we also take on motor vehicle-related accidents. In fact, our outstanding attorneys focus on motor vehicle accidents, setting us apart from other firms.
Car Accidents – This can involve any type of crash from an Uber wreck, to maybe a teenage driver hitting you, or maybe an old lady ran a red light and rear-ended your car.
Truck Accidents – There are actually quite a few semi-truck accidents in the area. However, our law firm knows what needs to be done to protect your legal rights.
Pedestrian Accidents – These are always bad accidents because a pedestrian has no chance against a 2,000 lb. car that runs them over.
Bike Accidents – Bike accidents always lead to a serious injury, even if you are wearing a helmet.
Uber Accidents – Uber and Lyft have become so popular that sometimes it seems like every other car on the road is an Uber or Lyft driver. Uber and Lyft have unique commercial insurance policies. Therefore, passengers and other cars who were hit by a driver can file a claim.
Catastrophic Injuries – In саtаѕtrорhіс іnjurіеѕ, the vісtіm іѕ еntіtlеd to rесеіvе muсh hіghеr compensation соmраrеd tо the ones whо ѕuffеr mіnоr іnjurіеѕ.
Wrongful Death – In California, the deceased’s spouse, child, partner, and other entitled individuals can file a claim and receive damages.
How Much a Motorcycle Accident Is Worth
There is no simple answer. Every motorcycle accident is unique. Therefore, every settlement amount will vary.
A major factor that affects your compensation is based on the injuries you suffered. Also, liability, pain and suffering, as well as emotional damage, are taken into account. Because these variables are subjective, they are not easily determinable.
However, some damages are more simple to calculate–like medical bills, property damage, and lost wages. These have a direct price associated with the damage, so they can be paid back under the same amount. Also, know that you could be required to pay taxes on the settlement you receive.
Without the right legal representation, victims often leave money on the table, missing out on other recoverable damages. The Law Offices of Daniel Kim has recovered compensation for the following damages.
- Ongoing physical therapy
- Future medical treatment
- In-home nursing
- Medications needed for pain
- Home renovations to accommodate injuries/disabilities (like wheelchair ramp)
- Vehicle replacement
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Huntington Beach Deals With Insurers
The worst part of dealing with a motorcycle accident is dealing with insurance companies and their adjusters trying to deny your injury claim.
The insurance companies have a process they use to decide who is at fault for an accident, and it gets very complicated trying to figure them out. You need to remember that insurance companies are in business to take your monthly payment, and they hope you’ll never get into an accident.
When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer in Huntington Beach, Daniel Kim, you are investing in quality. In addition, you are getting years of experience on your side. We take the aggravation away from you and we will negotiate and fight with the insurance companies for you.
We will stand behind you and your family to make sure you get treated fairly and that you get maximum compensation.
Common Causes for Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists in Huntington Beach are very passionate about riding but also have an understanding that they are at risk of serious injury if they crash. The motorcyclists on the streets and freeways are at high risk when an accident occurs.
There are a thousand variables that can cause a motorcycle accident and it can be of help to distinguish some of the most common reasons for these wrecks.
- Head-on Collisions – Often caused by overly aggressive driving
- Speeding – Dangerous speeds are often the reason for high impact wrecks often leading to extensive injuries
- Unsafe Lane Changes – Failing to check their blind spots or use a signal
- Inexperienced Drivers – These drivers compromise the safety of motorists
- Open Car Doors – Opening car doors into oncoming traffic
- Driving Between Two Lanes – Lane splitting is legal but dangerous
- Hazardous Roads – Include winding roads, sharp turns, debris, potholes, or cracks
- Driving Under the Influence– DUI of alcohol or drugs
- Braking Too Fast/ Tailgating – Not distancing enough between the vehicle in front
- Distracted Driving – Using a phone or engaging in something else while driving
Common Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident
It is a reality that riding a motorcycle is extremely dangerous and even if you wear a helmet, there are still plenty of horrible injuries that you need to worry about.
We will also help you understand how to deal with paying your medical bills, and how long an injury settlement will take to resolve. Follow all the motorcycle laws in Huntington Beach, stay alert and aware while on the road.
It is important for riders to understand the universal causes of motorcycle accidents in order to help avoid them. Below are likely injuries you may deal with:
- Bone Fractures – Foot and leg fractures are common as well as broken arms and wrists.
- Road rash – A good leather jacket and pants can definitely help the rider avoid serious road rash, but if you hit the pavement in normal clothes (t-shirt, shorts, etc.) you can expect to suffer from it.
- Spinal cord injuries – Injuries in the spine or neck are very serious and can cause paralysis (loss of feeling sensation). Injuries below the neck may have an effect on the legs and stomach areas.
- Head injury – Unfortunately, a head injury is the most common injury from a motorcycle crash and this includes a concussion or even brain damage.
Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accidents
The state of California is home to the most motorcycle drivers in all of the United States. Unfortunately, more bikes on the roads increase the chances of more motorcycles accidents.
Injuries and Deaths
The overwhelming majority of motorcycle accidents have at least one injury reported, and fatalities are far too common as well. Also, the overall rate of fatal motorcycle accidents in Orange County continues to increase. There were 40 motorcycle accident-related deaths in 20107.
Accidents Involving Drugs or Alcohol
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 11% of all motorcycle accidents that involved a fatality or injury were found to be linked to drivers testing positive for some form of the drug. DUI arrests after these kinds of accidents are also up a little more than 30% over the last five years.
Driver inattention and distracted driving are huge problems in California.
80% of all accidents were caused by driver inattention. In addition, 75% of all California drivers report that they use their smartphones while driving, knowing it’s illegal.
Registered Motorcyclists in CA
California has the highest amount of motorcycle registrations in the United States. In fact, there are almost 800,000 motorcycles registered in California. This outpaces the second-highest amount of motorcycle registration in Florida by nearly 200,000 motorcycles.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Huntington Beach
Some of the worst intersections in all of Huntington Beach have a single main road in common. However, Beach Blvd. is notoriously dangerous. Other dangerous intersections and roads include the following:
- Ellis Ave. and Newland St.
- Goldenwest St. and Heil Ave.
- Magnolia St. and Yorktown Ave.
- Adams Ave. and Bushard St.
- Gothard St. and Heil Ave.
- Mcfadden Ave. and Springdale St.
- Gothard St. and Talbert Ave.
- Edwards St. and Heil Ave.
- Garfield Ave. and Magnolia St.
- Brookhurst St. and Hamilton Ave.
- Newland St. and Slater Ave.