Anaheim Uber Accident Lawyer
As you know Anaheim is a busy city with Disneyland, Angels Stadium, Downtown Disney, and tons of other attractions that bring people from all over OC riding in Uber and Lyft vehicles.
The local streets and freeways are always busy, and Uber passengers and drivers (as well as other motorists) are always at risk of getting into a car accident.
Some roads in Orange County are more dangerous than others, but as a whole Anaheim has its own share of bad accidents and dangerous roads and intersections.
If you have been injured in Anaheim in an Uber crash call us today.
Why Contact Law Offices of Daniel Kim
Daniel Kim and his legal team have many years of experience helping Uber drivers, Uber passengers, and other 3rd party drivers who were hit by an Uber driver.
Our Anaheim Uber accident lawyers offer a FREE consultation, so if you need answers to your questions call us today.
There are legal time limits for filing a lawsuit for injuries you suffered in an Uber crash so don’t delay getting help.
Below is just a short list of why you should call Daniel Kim today –
- We have over 1000 positive reviews on Yelp and Google
- Daniel is aggressive with the insurance companies
- We use investigators to help with your case
- We help get you proper medical treatment
- You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We know the Uber and rideshare laws very well
What Is My Uber Accident Settlement Worth
Daniel Kim and his legal staff will fight for our clients to make sure you get maximum compensation for any injuries you suffered from an Uber accident here in Anaheim.
There are many variables that go into finalizing a settlement with Uber over injuries that you sustained.
The process can be stressful, time consuming and needless to say, very frustrating for the average accident victim.
Make sure you hire an experienced injury lawyer here in Anaheim that knows how Uber lawsuits work, the loopholes, and what to watch out for.
Below is a summary of what goes into determining a settlement amount:
- Lost wages – includes any past or future earnings lost
- Medical expenses – would include ambulance, ER, chiro treatments
- Property damage – damage to your car
- Wrongful death – think of funeral costs, loss of consortium, etc.
Should You Report An Uber Accident
If you find yourself involved in a car accident with Uber, either as a passenger, as the Uber driver, or if you are hit by an Uber, you’ll want to fill out an Uber accident form and contact injury lawyer Daniel Kim.
You won’t see any benefits by waiting to report the accident, and you should also get medical treatment immediately for any injuries you suffer.
Also remember that dealing with insurance companies is not easy, so don’t fight them alone, call us today.
Can I Sue Uber For An Accident
When you ride with an Uber (or Lyft) their insurance and policies are very similar, and Uber drivers are really independent contractors.
This gets complicated when you in turn want to sue Uber for any injuries you suffered from an accident.
Uber drivers are required to have their own personal insurance policy (same as they need to drive normally), but Uber drivers are covered under Uber’s $1 Million commercial insurance policy.
The reality is that you will want a top Orange County personal injury attorney on your side when you fight Uber and the giant insurance companies.
Common Causes For Uber Accidents In Anaheim
Uber rideshare accidents happen all the time in Anaheim, CA and there are many different causes and reasons for these mishaps.
Uber and Lyft are great companies that help California cut down on drunk driving but accidents can and will still occur.
Uber drivers get into accidents and whether you are the driver of an Uber or the passenger there is always a chance that there will be injuries.
Uber accidents can become legally confusing and if you happen to be in a rideshare accident it is best to seek the counsel of a trained professional.
You will need an Anaheim Uber accident lawyer like Daniel Kim to help, call us today.
The NHTSA has great info about accidents and causes.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Anaheim –
- Driving distracted (not paying attention)
- Reckless Driving (careless behavior, running red lights)
- Speeding (the faster you drive the less reaction time)
- Road Conditions (potholes, cracks etc.)
- Road rage (acting crazy toward other drivers)
- Bad weather (in Anaheim heavy rains cause major problems on the roads)
- Drowsy drivers (working too many hours for Uber)
- DUI or DWI (drugs, pills, alcohol)
- Improper turns (not using turn signals can add to accidents)
- Car malfunctioning (flat tire, faulty brakes, etc.)
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Anaheim is different and injuries from these crashes can range from minor to catastrophic.
Uber accident factors can be things like; how fast were the drivers going, were they wearing seatbelts, was the car hit in the front or rear etc.
Other factors that play a major role are; what kind of vehicle you are in (Car or an SUV, Mercedes or Hyundai etc.) and what kind of vehicle hits you.
Some Uber accident injuries may be resolved in a matter of days, while others may be more serious and have some level of discomfort and physical disability.
It is always best to seek medical attention immediately to ensure your well-being after an accident.
Of course, the severity of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement so call our offices today for a Free consultation.
Below is a list of injuries we see every day from Uber accidents in Anaheim:
- Whiplash (most common in a rear end accident)
- Rotator cuff (strain in tendons connecting the shoulder)
- Knee and ankle (broken ankles and knee injuries are common)
- Facial injury (when hitting steering wheel or airbag)
- Back injuries (damage to the spinal cord)
- Amputations (loss of arms, legs etc.)
- Wrist (when bracing steering wheel on impact)
- Death (in most extreme accidents)
What To Do After an Uber Accident
Like any car accident, if you have been involved in an Uber crash you need to stay calm.
If you stay calm then you can follow a certain process to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights.
This is a list of what to do after being involved with an Uber car accident –
- Check for injuries and call an ambulance
- Call Police (a police report is important to a claims process)
- If witnesses around exchange info with them
- Gather information from other driver (driver’s license, proof of insurance etc.)
- Take photos or video (on your phone) of the scene, your car, your injuries, etc.
- Take yourself to the hospital to get checked out, don’t ignore any minor pain.
- Contact Daniel Kim Law Offices for Free consultation
Anaheim Uber Accident Statistics
Anaheim roads are incredibly busy, as are the rest of the California highways and byways throughout Orange County which can be dangerous.
Orange county is responsible for the second highest amount of automotive related fatalities in the entire state of California.
Statistics for exactly how many of these deaths are caused by Uber vehicles (or other ridesharing vehicles) are incomplete.
With millions of people using these ridesharing services on a day to day basis throughout California it’s not unreasonable to assume that between 5% and 10% of Anaheim automotive related fatalities can be linked to these ridesharing services.
Injuries From Uber Accidents In Anaheim 2017
In Orange County more than 23,000 people were injured as a result of an automobile related accident in 2017.
Reports indicate that near 10% of those individuals were riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, which means that 2300 people found themselves injured as a result of accidents involving these kinds of vehicles.
Uber Accident Involved Drugs Or Alcohol
Drivers throughout the state of California have trouble with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, but ridesharing services like Uber are designed to be the answer to these kinds of issues.
Unfortunately, according to the California Department of Transportation 11% of motorists involved in automobile accidents are found to have consumed some sort of drug before they got behind the wheel and driving while under the influence of alcohol rates are up 23% over the last five years.
It is fair to say that most of these Uber accidents likely involved drivers that were completely sober and were instead hit by motorists that were operating their vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Uber Accidents Involved A Distracted Driver
80% of all accidents in the state of California have been linked to at least some sort of inattentive driving and distracted driving.
This is a problem for “everyday” motorists as well as those driving vehicles for Uber and other ridesharing organizations, whether it’s blowing a stop sign or swerving on the 57 freeway and causing a crash.
Dangerous Intersections In Anaheim For Uber
- Harbor Boulevard and La Palma Avenue
- Ball Road and Beach Boulevard
- Anaheim Boulevard and Katella Avenue
are just some of the intersections in Anaheim that are particularly dangerous for motorists, including those that are riding in Uber vehicles.
How Many Uber Drivers And Customers Are There In California?
Statistics for the total amount of Uber drivers and customers in California are a little sparse, but the company reports that anywhere between 24.4% and 43% of people living in California use Uber or another ridesharing service on a weekly basis.
With more than 20% reporting that they use Uber on an almost daily basis.