Lake Forest Car Accident Lawyer
If you live or drive in Lake Forest, or anywhere in Orange County, then you know how dangerous the roads can be.
Lake Forest is still a relatively small city with a population under 85,000 people, although it’s still growing.
But even in small cities, car accidents can wreak havoc on drivers when they least expect it.
Maybe you got hit in a parking lot, or your neighbor backed out of their driveway and crashed into your car, or maybe the FedEx delivery driver was distracted and hit you while you were running errands.
All of these scenarios above are real life, and we see these types of accidents everyday here at our law firm.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident here in Lake Forest then contact us today for a FREE consultation.
You don’t pay us any money until we win your case.
Why Contact Law Office of Daniel Kim
Daniel Kim is a top rated personal injury lawyer servicing Lake Forest and all of Orange County.
In addition to his countless awards, and other career achievements Daniel is a genuine injury lawyer who has been helping Lake Forest accident victims for years.
Daniel Kim and his legal team handle motor vehicle accidents exclusively, so we are prepared and well aware of all the laws and games that insurance companies will play.
In other words our law firm focuses solely on automobile accidents, so we don’t chase dog bite cases or slip and fall accidents, instead we keep gaining experience related to car accident cases and laws.
After a car accident life can become pretty hectic, painful (recovering from any injuries), and financially stressful as you try to deal with hospital bills, insurance phone calls, rental cars, doctor appointments, and more.
Hiring a top Lake Forest car accident lawyer like Daniel Kim can make your life a lot easier – trust us.
You don’t want to fight the insurance company alone.
Why You Want To Call Daniel Kim Today
- We have over 1000 positive client reviews on Yelp and Google
- We have a 99% client satisfaction rating
- Don’t pay us any fees until we win your case
- You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our law firm will help you get proper medical treatment
Common Causes For Car Accidents In Lake Forest
Even though Lake Forest is a reasonably safe city to travel in, car accidents are not uncommon on the freeways and streets in and around town.
In a large majority of these incidences human error is responsible, while others can combine a multitude of reasons for them.
When an accident occurs, it can be very disruptive and stressful to all those involved.
Always protect your legal rights and contact a car accident lawyer for help when you are dealing with insurance companies.
It is important for us to understand some of the reasons for these car accidents so we can be better prepared in avoiding them.
Here are some common reasons for car crashes in Lake Forest –
- Distracted drivers (eating, texting, talking, grooming, reading etc.)
- Speeding (always stay within the legal speed limit)
- Rain (most common weather condition in Lake Forest to cause an accident)
- Drunk driving (incredibly dangerous and deadly)
- Inexperienced drivers (usually teenagers, easily distracted)
- Tailgating (always give yourself plenty of distance for safety reasons)
- Tires (blowouts can cause cars to swerve and driver to lose control)
- Running stop signs (always stop and look carefully before moving forward)
Dealing With The Insurance Companies
It is wise to hire Daniel Kim immediately after the car accident, don’t wait 3 months to get help.
Let us help guide you with the whole process and make sure you know what to say and not to say to an insurance adjuster.
You will want to respond to each question as honestly as possible, and tell the adjuster what you recall.
It is okay if you don’t recall every detail of the accident, and it’s okay to tell the adjuster that you don’t remember or that you are unsure about a question.
Never make up something or lie, it’s always best to be honest, etc.
Below are some of the typical questions that the adjuster may ask you.
The questions your Insurance Adjuster may ask include:
- what is your full name?
- Do you know the interview is being recorded?
- What’s the year/make/model of the vehicle?
- What was the date of the crash in Lake Forest?
- What time did the accident happen?
- Where did the injury occur?
- In what direction were you going?
- How did the injury occur?
- Are there additional vehicles involved?
- Was the traffic moderate or heavy, light
- Were you wearing your seat belt?
- What types of damages were done to the vehicle?
- Was anybody Hurt?
- Was anybody treated by a paramedic or taken to urgent care for treatment?
- who treated them and where were they taken?
- Were there any witnesses?
- If so, what are their names and contact info?
- Did the police come to the scene and make a report?
Common Injuries From a Car Accident
Injuries from car accidents can be wide-ranging. Some accidents can be relatively minor while others catastrophic and life altering.
It is always important to think safety first when on the roads of Lake Forest and abide by the rules.
Drive with caution and give yourself plenty of time to get where you need to be.
Below is a list of injuries we see every day from motor vehicle accidents in Lake Forest:
- Head and Brain (traumatic brain injury, concussions, contusions)
- Rib Fracture (chest injury, blunt trauma from impact, cracked ribs)
- Neck (whiplash, cervical strain, very common in all type of collisions)
- Back (fractures, strain, force of impact jolting body)
- Face (hitting airbag, steering wheel, glass window, flying objects)
- Psychological (emotional distress, post traumatic disorder)
If you are injured in a car accident it’s very important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
The longer you delay necessary treatment, the harder it will be when dealing with the insurance companies.
The severity of injuries depend on many factors which includes:
- The speed of the accident
- Seatbelts properly fastened
- The type of car
- The weight of the vehicle
- The size of vehicle
- Airbags deployed
- The way the person was sitting
- The number of passengers
- Impact area of the crash
- The number of cars involved
Accidents can be confusing and determining what or who was the cause is the responsibility of the police and the insurance company claims adjuster.
A car accident attorney is necessary to help you sort out the complex legalities of the situation.
Call Daniel Kim today for a Free phone consultation.
Lake Forest Car Accident Stats
For a decent sized town in Orange County the roads in Lake Forest, California happen to be some of the safest you’ll find in the area when it comes to overall car accident rates.
According to information released by the California Department of Transportation in 2017, fewer than 0.8 car accidents per 1000 people living in Lake Forest were reported during that stretch of time.
Injuries And Deaths From Car Accidents In Lake Forest
Car accidents always run the risk of injuries and fatalities, and unfortunately there were both reported in Lake Forest during 2017.
Over 50 injuries were reported as a direct result of car accidents in Lake Forest during that year, and three fatalities as a direct result of car accidents were also reported during 2017.
What % Of These Accident Involved Drugs Or Alcohol
Though a number of initiatives are put forward each year to help combat and curb driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol in the state of California, it continues to be something that motorists throughout the state – including here in Lake Forest – struggle with.
DUI arrest rates and charge rates in the state of California are up nearly 30% over the last five years. On top of that, research shows that 11% of all accidents in the state of California can be directly linked to motorists operating vehicles while under the influence of drugs.
What Is Population In Lake Forest, How Many Registered Drivers Over 18 Years Old
As of 2017 (the most recently available population numbers), Lake Forest, California is home to 84,293 people.
This population was made up of 42,200 and for men and 42,089 women, with a median resident age of 38.9 years old.
That’s a little bit older than the California median age of 36.4, and 80% of the population of Lake Forest are over 18 years old and have a driver’s license.
Bad Intersections In Lake Forest For Car Accidents?
There are certain intersections in Lake Forest you’ll want to be especially careful around while driving, including (but not limited to) the intersections of:
- Alicia Parkway and Jeronimo Road
- Santa Margarita Parkway and Melinda Road
- Lake Forest Drive and the Bake Parkway
These are the most accident-prone intersections in Lake Forest for motorists, but also represent some of the most heavily trafficked areas in the community as well.
Avoid them if possible but stay safe if you have to travel through these intersections.