Glendale Uber Accident Lawyer
Glendale is a very active city in the greater Los Angeles Metro region with a population of over 203,000 people.
It is located just 8 miles north of downtown LA, and with many restaurants, bars and major shopping malls such as the Glendale Galleria and the Americana, Glendale is the epitome of a modern Southern California city.
Rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are extremely popular methods of transportation to, from and around Glendale, with frequency and numbers of riders increasing yearly and Uber being a regular transportation method for millions of people.
Uber rides can be summoned from a few taps on their app on your cell phone 24 hours a day seven days a week –
- helping riders avoid DUIs when out drinking
- alleviating the stress of finding a parking spot
- or paying high hourly parking rates when commuting to work, the gym, or any other location.
Unfortunately with more and more people using Uber and Lyft daily and more Uber drivers on the road every day, the chance of being in an accident involving an Uber increases also.
You might get hit by a person in a rental car, or maybe a newly licensed teen driver accidentally rear ends you, or an Uber Eats driver is in a hurry and runs a stop sign causing a crash, whatever the situation we can help.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with an Uber and have any questions, please contact The Law Offices of Daniel Kim today.
Why Contact The Law Offices Of Daniel Kim
Daniel Kim is a respected and highly sought after Glendale personal injury attorney with 1000’s of positive reviews from former clients on Facebook, Yelp and Google.
Daniel Kim and his experienced legal team only take motor vehicle accident injury cases, so you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible care for your case.
The Law Office of Daniel Kim is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for a Free consultation and initial case review.
We have a no strings attached, no-win/no fee policy meaning that we don’t charge you anything unless we win your case.
Contact us today and let us help you take the necessary steps to receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Dealing With The Insurance Companies
One important thing to understand is that No insurance company wants to pay out Any $ money on injury accident claims.
After an accident with an Uber the insurance adjusters will start calling you to get a recorded statement, etc., all with the hope of putting you at fault so they can deny your claim.
Your best bet is to hire Daniel Kim before you even start communicating with the insurance companies.
The insurance companies have their own way of determining who was at fault for the Uber accident, and you don’t want to fight this battle by yourself.
The big corporate insurance companies are a complex and messy world, be very careful what you sign or what you say to them as it can be used against you later on.
How Much Is My Glendale Uber Accident Settlement Worth
Unless you were the driver responsible for the accident, liability will generally fall on either the ridesharing company or the driver themselves, depending on whether the driver was logged into their rideshare partner app or not.
If you are injured while riding as a passenger in an Uber, or your vehicle was struck by an Uber or Lyft whilst they were on a ride, the liability should fall on the rideshare company and be covered by their insurance policy from a company such as James River.
Uber insurance is extremely complex, with different levels of coverage depending on what stage the driver is in, from waiting for a ride to physically having a rider in the car.
These levels or stages also determine how much coverage is available and vary from state to state, but generally coverage for personal injury range from $50,000 to $1Million in compensation per accident.
To know where you stand after being involved in a Glendale Uber accident, you will need to speak with an experienced attorney like Daniel Kim that understands rideshare laws and how their insurance companies operate.
Common Causes For Uber Accidents In Glendale
Like any motor vehicle accident, there are many common causes for Lyft and Uber accidents, and while rideshare services are being generally credited with a decrease in DUI arrests, traffic fatalities are increasing.
According to a study by the University of Chicago and Rice University and statistics collected from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there seems to be a direct correlation between the rise of ridesharing services and the increase of traffic fatalities.
Here is a list of what causes the most Uber accidents in Glendale:
- Speeding – always the leading cause of all motor vehicle accidents.
- DUI – driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription pills is still a major cause of all traffic accidents, particularly late at night when more people are using rideshare services such as Uber to get home safely from the bar or club.
- Distracted driving – texting, looking at GPS, using FaceTime, eating, and general daydreaming are all primary reasons for not being attentive and getting in an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions – potholes, roadwork, faded lines, etc are all conditions which can cause drivers problems, especially when not paying full attention to the road.
- Drowsy drivers – although Uber sets a maximum available driving time of 12 hours per shift with six hours of rest needed before a driver can log on to the app again, drivers quite often become exhausted.
- Bad weather – Glendale may not see a lot of rain throughout the year, but when it does rain it can cause havoc on the roads.
Whatever the reason or cause of your Uber accident, the Law Offices of Daniel Kim have seen them all and have the experience to deal with them. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.
Common Injuries From An Uber Accident
Just like all motor vehicle accidents can have a variety of causes, the injuries sustained from an Uber accident can also vary greatly from the minor to the catastrophic.
Speed, size of the vehicle (SUV, truck, etc) and whether you are wearing a seatbelt or not will all play a part in the seriousness of your injuries.
Common injuries we see from Glendale Uber accidents include:
- Neck and back injuries – whiplash, neck sprain, disk trauma, and spinal cord injuries.
- Head injury – traumatic brain injury or TBI, concussion, and brain bleed.
- Face injuries – broken noses, cuts, bruises, and dental issues.
- Cuts and bruises – from broken glass, unsecured items in the vehicle, and seatbelt restraint.
- Loss of a limb – in some cases amputation may be required after a major accident.
- Death – catastrophic injuries can lead to the accident becoming fatal.
What Should I Do After A Glendale Uber Accident
After being involved in an accident, try to remain as calm as possible.
- Check to see if you or any other passengers are injured and call 911.
- If you are injured, seek medical treatment immediately. If you are offered transportation in an ambulance from the scene to Hospital take it.
- Getting medical treatment quickly is not only beneficial for your health and recovery but is also important to your personal injury case.
- Exchange information with all drivers, witnesses, and other passengers.
- Get the name and badge number of the responding police officer, as well as what station they were dispatched from.
- Use your phone to get pictures and videos of the accident scene, including damage to all vehicles, conditions of the road, and all injuries sustained.
- Contact Daniel Kim for a Free consultation.
Glendale Uber Accident Statistics
Nearly everyone agrees that ride-hailing apps have had mostly positive benefits to both users and the general community.
Slowly evidence is emerging that Uber and Lyft provide not only safe rides home for people drinking and a reduction in drunk driving arrests, but also increased ease of access for some people with disabilities.
Uber currently has approximately 75 million riders and 3 million drivers around the world, with the United States being its largest market.
Exact numbers of rideshare involved accidents have not been released by Uber and Lyft.
According to the University of Chicago, cities, where Uber and Lyft are most active have reported an average increase of 2% to 3% more auto fatalities.
The exact amount of Uber accidents may also be unclear because many accidents involving rideshare drivers have police reports that do not require that information, needing only name, registration, and insurance information.
Most Dangerous Roads And Intersections In Glendale
Glendale is a very busy city located between Burbank to the west and Pasadena to the east along several major freeways such as the 2, 134, 5 and 210.
Unfortunately, Glendale has been ranked as one of the most dangerous places to drive for 12 years in a row now by Allstate Insurance in its annual Best Drivers Report.
Some of the worst intersections for accidents include:
- Brand Blvd. & Sanchez Drive
- Brand Blvd and Colorado Street
- Colorado Street and Pacific Ave
- Brand Blvd and Goode Ave
- Glenoaks Blvd and Western Ave
- Broadway and Pacific Ave
- Glendale Ave and California Ave
- Honolulu Ave and Lowell Ave
- Glenoaks Blvd and Highland Ave
- Brand Blvd and Broadway
- San Fernando Blvd and Los Feliz Blvd
Using Uber and Lyft as a mode of transportation can be a cost-effective and efficient method of transportation whether it’s for daily commuting, getting to the airport and back, or the occasional night out.
Most drivers take their job seriously and drive safely to get you from point A to point B on time.
But unfortunately, accidents do happen, and if you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Glendale California, contact The Law Office of Daniel Kim for a Free consultation and review.