Just like all cities in Orange County, Garden Grove has many residents that count on Uber and Lyft to get to work, get home after drinking alcohol, and many other reasons they don’t want to drive themselves.
Uber has exploded in popularity over the last few years and it seems everybody has taken an Uber at some point in time, as taxi cabs just fade away into the dark (that is what happens when an industry is resistant to change and thinks they have a monopoly, just like taxi companies banked on).
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident here in Garden Grove (or anywhere in OC), then contact us today for a FREE consultation.
Many times after a car accident the victim will Feel fine and think they are OK, but a week or so later they realize they are injured and need medical treatment.
Don’t make this mistake, if you are in an Uber crash then see a doctor that day, don’t wait.
Why Contact Law Office of Daniel Kim
Uber is a Big Big company and their insurance company James River insurance is a powerful company.
You don’t want to fight the Uber insurance Giant by yourself.
Daniel Kim is an experienced Uber accident lawyer that has been helping Garden Grove residents for years.
Daniel Kim has won many awards, helped thousands of clients, won over $200 Million for accident victims, but his greatest trait is that he is a compassionate lawyer that cares about the injured.
Don’t just hire a family friend, or a cousin because they are an injury lawyer, when you are injured in an Uber crash you need to get the best legal help you can get.
More Facts About Daniel Kim
- Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- A+ Rating at the BBB
- We have over 1000 reviews on Yelp and Google
- We help you get proper medical care
Common Causes For Uber Accidents In Garden Grove
There are many reasons why millions of people are using Uber or other rideshare companies to get around these days.
They are less expensive then cabs and a lot more convenient to use. Many people would rather take an Uber than ride the bus or use another mode of transportation.
Uber rides are highly popular for those who have been out drinking in order to avoid the risk of a DUI.
When your car is in the shop or if you don’t have a car, Uber is a great way to travel but it is still not without risk.
Many complications can occur if you happen to be in an Uber accident and there is always potential for injuries.
The legal issues concerning who has at fault and liable can be multifaceted, which is why it is important to get an Uber accident attorney like Daniel Kim.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Garden Grove –
- Distracted driving (With new notifications going to the phone of the Uber driver makes for dangerous driving. Drivers are constantly checking the phone app, looking down and taking their eyes off the road.)
- Looking for passengers (An Uber driver is always looking and scanning the streets for the passenger to pick up. This can be dangerous if they are unfamiliar with the pick up or drop off location.)
- Overworked drivers (Often Uber drivers work continuous hours. There are no limitations as to how many hours a driver can work which can lead to tired drivers. Many drivers work Uber as a second job and often work at night.
- Negligent driving (Driving recklessly is always dangerous and when an Uber driver does this consequences can be far reaching. Speeding, running stop signs or red lights increases the risk of a car accident.)
- Maintenance issues (Uber drivers must take responsibility for their vehicles being maintained and safe on the road. Whenever maintenance is compromised accidents are more likely to occur. Proper tire inflation, brakes, lights etc. can affect safety.)
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Garden Grove is unique, and if you are lucky injuries will be minor.
Often the passenger sits in the back seat of the car and injuries can be different than if sitting in the front.
Other factors can include whether the person was wearing their seat belt or the speed and size of the vehicles in the collision.
Whatever the situation, it is important to have an Uber accident attorney that specializes in these types of accidents.
Injuries we see from Uber accidents in Garden Grove:
- TBI (concussion to brain damage)
- Facial (cuts, lacerations, bleeding)
- Whiplash (neck, torn ligaments, tendons)
- Bones (breaks, fractures of bones impacted)
- Back (Spine, paralysis can occur)
- Amputation (limbs, appendages, removed, crushed)
In worse case scenarios Uber accidents can be fatal so always wear a seatbelt when a passenger.
What To Do After an Uber Accident
Every accident is unique because of so many factors.
Things like speed, types of vehicles involved (truck, motorcycle, scooter, etc.), time of day, were you wearing a seat belt, was it a rear-end accident, head on, side swipe, etc. etc.
Because there are so many factors that play into it, the property damages and injuries suffered will vary from case to case.
The most important thing to do is call Daniel Kim immediately after an Uber crash here in Garden Grove, don’t sit around waiting for help from insurance company.
what to do immediately after an Uber car accident
- Check for injuries
- Get to a safe place
- Call emergency 911 (police, ambulance)
- Get the facts (pictures and info of all involved, license, insurance, vehicle info)
- Witness info (names, numbers, address, driver’s license)
- Medical check (hospital or medical Dr.)
- Contact Daniel Kim Law Offices Immediately!
Remember injuries may not be felt immediately after the accident, so don’t ignore any minor pain.
You need to see a Dr. as soon as possible to determine the severity of your injuries.
Garden Grove Uber Accident Stats
Like everywhere else in the United States (and plenty of communities worldwide) people in Garden Grove love opening up their smartphone, hailing a ride via Uber, and taking advantage of everything that this ridesharing service has to offer.
At the same time, Uber vehicles are just like any other automobile on the highways and byways of Garden Grove – and they are just as likely to be involved in automobile accidents as any other car, truck, or SUV.
Nailing down exactly how many Uber vehicles or vehicles driven by Uber drivers were involved in accidents during 2017 has proven to be a little bit difficult, if only because this dataset is incomplete.
There were slightly more than 1110 accidents throughout Garden Grove during 2017, though, and there’s a good chance that at least some of those accidents involved Uber vehicles.
Fatalities and Injuries Stem From Uber Accidents In Garden Grove
Again, it’s difficult to know exactly how many Uber vehicle accidents involved injuries or fatalities because the data just isn’t currently available for 2017.
During that year, however, Garden Grove had an injury rate higher than 90% for those involved in automobile accidents and sadly 16 people lost their lives as a result of car accidents in Garden Grove during that same stretch of time.
Percentage of Car Accidents That Involved Drugs Or Alcohol
DUI arrest rates have grown by leaps and bounds over the past decade, with exponential growth in the last five years in the state of California even though a number of governmental initiatives have been put forward to reverse this trend.
We are seeing growth increases of these charges climbing higher than 30% over that stretch of time.
Drug-related driving issues are also a big problem.
11% of automobile related fatalities (including Uber vehicle accidents that involve fatalities) can be connected back to driving after they had consumed some kind of drugs.
How Many Uber Drivers Are There In California, How Many People Have Uber App On Their Phone
There are more Uber drivers in the state of California than any other state in the US, which shouldn’t be all that surprising considering just how large and how populated this state is.
Reports suggest that there are already 300,000+ individuals working for Uber in the state of California as of today, with that number expected to swell to 500,000 or more by the time 2021 wraps up.
Technology experts believe that one out of every three smart phones in the pockets of Americans today have Uber installed already, with this number expected to grow by year-end 2021.
How Much Money Was Uber Able To Make In 2017
After Uber went public everyone gained access to their financial records and details, which is how we know that the company made $37 billion in overall revenue numbers (and 85% increase over the year before) during 2017.
Worst Intersections In Garden Grove For Car Accidents
These are the most dangerous intersections in Garden Grove when it comes to car accident rates:
- Magnolia St and Chapman Ave
- Lampson Ave and Knott St
- Garden Grove Blvd and Hoover St