Uber has become a household name for pretty much anybody who lives in California, and especially here in Orange County.
Whether you are going to a bar, work, LA Rams game, or just to a movie, many people choose to use Uber or Lyft to avoid driving drunk or even just eliminate the hassle of parking.
Unfortunately, even riding in an Uber comes with a risk of being in a car accident, and often those accident can lead to serious injuries for the Uber diver or passengers.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident involving Uber then contact us today for a FREE consultation.
Why Contact Law Office of Daniel Kim
Daniel Kim is an award-winning lawyer that is headquartered right here in Orange County, but more importantly he is a compassionate person that cares about each and every one of his clients.
When you get injured in a car accident involving Uber you’ll have to deal with the insurance companies and that is where things get complicated.
You must remember that the insurance companies are not in the business of paying people money, but rather they are in business to make money.
Daniel Kim and his legal staff have years of experience dealing with these situations, and we have helped thousands of accident victims.
More Facts About Daniel Kim
- A+ rating at the BBB
- We help you get medical care
- 99% client satisfaction rating
- you can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Pay us no fees until we win your case
Common Causes For Uber Accidents In Aliso Viejo
As of 2017 Uber accidents are on the increase throughout the US.
This is due to the fact that rideshare like Uber and Lyft are becoming more and more popular, and the quantity of drivers and passengers are also increasing.
It’s important for everyone to be aware of the possible causes of ridesharing accidents and to take lawful action in holding the responsible party accountable.
The legal issues concerning who is at fault and liable can be complicated. This is why it is important to contact an Uber accident attorney like Daniel Kim.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Aliso Viejo –
- Distracted driving (Often Uber drivers are unfamiliar with the neighborhoods they are travelling and looking for passengers and their Uber app.)
- Road rage (This can be dangerous when a driver loses their temper and acts irrationally on the freeways and city streets.)
- Tired drivers (Uber drivers can work as many hours as they want and are often tired which can be dangerous.)
- Weather (Bad weather like rain can cause roads to be slippery and increases the odds of Uber accidents.)
- Maintenance of vehicle (It is important for an Uber driver to check their tires, brakes, lights etc. and make sure they are properly maintained. This is not always the case.)
- DUI (Unfortunately, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a major cause of all types of accidents even Uber ones.
- Running red lights (This can cause serious damage and even fatal if a driver does this. Incredibly dangerous and careless.
- Road conditions (If streets have potholes, cracks or under construction risk of an accident increases.)
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Aliso Viejo has a unique set of circumstances.
Hopefully, if you are in an Uber accident there will be no injuries but this is not always the case.
Like every type of accident, injury can range from minor to severe depending on many factors.
If you are injured in an accident it is important to seek medical attention right away and get the treatment to ensure your well-being.
Remember, the severity of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement, so call our offices today for a Free consultation.
Below is a list of injuries we see every day from Uber accidents in Aliso Viejo:
- Concussion (TBI, traumatic brain injury, brain damage)
- Whiplash (neck strain, sprain, broken bones)
- Spine injury (bone breaks, paralysis, ligament tears)
- Facial (lacerations, cuts, bruises, broken bones)
- Arms (broken bones, sprains, tears)
- Shoulder (dislocation, sprains)
- Internal (organs, heart, lungs, kidneys, bleeding)
- Emotional (stress disorder, trauma)
What To Do After an Uber Accident
Getting in an Uber accident can be confusing and determining who is at fault difficult.
Like any car accident there are certain things that a person must do in order to protect themselves legally and assure their own safety.
This is just a short list of what to do immediately after being involved with an Uber car accident –
- Check for injury
- Get to safety
- Call 911 (police and emergency services)
- Gather accident information
- Take pictures of scene
- Get witness information
- Contact insurance company
- Call Law Offices of Daniel Kim
Fortunately, Uber has a $1 Million policy that is available when an Uber driver has an accident while carrying a passenger.
Dealing With Insurance Company
This is usually the worst part of being injured in an Uber accident, is the hassle that comes with the insurance adjusters, etc.
James River insurance is the insurance company for Uber, and they are a Big company with deep pockets that goes to great lengths to deny or minimize a claim.
When you hire an Uber accident attorney like Daniel Kim you will greatly help your case, and you will eliminate the headaches that come along with fighting the insurance companies.
Insurance companies love to see an accident victim without representation because they know that person isn’t a lawyer and won’t have the knowledge or time to properly represent themselves during the lawsuit.
Don’t make this mistake, because you’ll regret it.
The best part about our law firm is that we don’t collect any fees upfront, so you only have to pay us after we win your settlement.
Never hire an injury lawyer that wants money upfront as that is a definite red flag.
Aliso Viejo Uber Accident Stats
Ridesharing services like Uber are incredibly popular in Orange County and the rest of Southern California, for that matter, with people in Aliso Viejo taking advantage of these services on a day-to-day basis just like anywhere else.
At the same time, Uber accident statistics for Aliso Viejo during 2017 are incomplete as of right now.
It’s likely that some of the 971 motor vehicle accidents reported during this year had involvement with vehicles driven by Uber drivers, but it’s impossible to know exactly how many of them were Uber specific.
How Many Injuries And Deaths Happened During Uber Accidents In Aliso Viejo 2017?
Though 80% of all motor vehicle accidents in Aliso Viejo during 2017 had at least a single injury reported either at the scene or later on, again none of them can be conclusively tied directly to Uber accidents during that year.
Luckily, however, there were absolutely zero car accident fatalities in the Aliso Viejo community during 2017 which means that there weren’t any Uber fatalities, either.
What Percentage Of These Accident Involved Drugs Or Alcohol?
California drivers continue to struggle with getting behind the wheel of their vehicle (personal vehicles or Uber vehicles alike) after consuming drugs or alcohol.
Arrests for driving while under the influence of alcohol rates are up over the last five years by more than 33%, and more than 11% of motor vehicle accidents that result in fatalities are caused by motorists driving while under the influence of drugs.
How Many Uber Drivers Are There In California, How Many People Have Uber App On Their Phone?
California is home to the highest amount of Uber drivers in the United States with more than 300,000 people driving for Uber at least part-time in this state.
This number is expected to swell to upwards of 500,000 within the next few years.
33% of people with a smartphone already have Uber installed, with experts believing this is going to climb to more than 50% of all smartphone users by the end of 2020.
How Much Money Did Uber Make In 2017?
In 2017 Uber reported that they brought and revenues of $37 billion, a bump of more than 85% over the revenue numbers they reported the year before.
Bad Intersections In Aliso Viejo For Car Accidents?
If you are going to be taking an Uber in Aliso Viejo, you’ll want to make sure that you avoid the intersections most likely to involve car accidents in this community, with those intersections being:
- Pacific Park and Alicia Parkway
- Pacific Park and Journey
- Aliso Creek Road and Windsong